Thursday, July 9, 2009

An Etsy Greetings Street Team Member from New Zealand



Can you imagine living in New Zealand? Well, that is where this very fortunate artist, Jeni of PnkGeeni, does live. For some gorgeous photos of New Zealand check out her FotoGeeni’s shop. She definitely has the artistic eye that is needed for great photography. Not only does she have the photography talent, she also creates unique handmade cards.

After reading this interview please visit both her shops. And let her know just how you feel about her abundance of natural talent.

Enjoy!

How did you get your start in the world of art?
In 2006 we planned a vacation to WDW, I spent 10 months planning this vacation and found out about scrapbooking. After three attempts, we finally got to go on our holiday of a lifetime to Egypt. So that got scrapbooked, and I was addicted. Somewhere around this time we decided to emigrate to New Zealand, and all my wonderful crafting goods had to get boxed up and packed into a container. I kept some bits out to get my creative fix making the odd card. Now, I try to scrapbook and make cards in an equal amount of time.

Do you have a ritual you perform before you start creating?
I make a fresh cup of hot coffee and switch on the lights that give me better lighting at my desk.

What do you like best, the creative process or the final creation?
I prefer the creative process best. I like playing around with all the pieces until it turns into a wonderful work of art.

What are your favorite art media, tools, and supplies?
I love everything American Crafts and Doodlebug Designs bring out. There are so many wonderful scrapbook items. Silk flowers, glossy brads, gorgeous papers! And I couldn't live without my EK Success cutting mat and craft knife.


When a creative block happens, what process do you go through to get the creative juices flowing again?
I take some rubbish down to the bins. Which gives me a five minute break outside this apartment and away from my desk. I get out some new papers or embellishments that I want to play with. Flick through scrapbooking magazines and blogs.

What do you hope your art says about you?
I have no idea.

What is your greatest dream and greatest fear as an artist?
My greatest dream... hmmm...
The greatest fear is easy. My greatest fear is going blind. How do you cut paper and make things if you can't see?


What are your goals in art, and in life?
My goal in art is to be able to craft all day and make a good living from it. I can't wait until we find a nice new house and I can have a craft room all of my own. I'd love to be able to play with all the wonderful scrapbooking goodies all day.

Tell us a little bit about yourself-where you grew up, your life now, other creative pursuits, other interests and hobbies.
I grew up on a tiny Island named Guernsey between England and France. I've been living in Wellington New Zealand for just over a year and NEVER want to leave! I used to write quite a bit but somehow my writing has slowly stopped. (Really need to get back into a routine with this.) I am semi-addicted to photography. I try to take my camera with me everywhere and can take thousands of shots on a weeks holiday. I love Agatha Christie, movies, books, and audio books.

Do you have more than one Etsy shop and/or other online shops or a blog?
Yes, I have 2 shops on Etsy: a handmade stationary shop at http://pnkgeenie.etsy.com/ and a photography store at http://fotogeenie.etsy.com/ which is full of wonderful images from New Zealand, which I turn into note cards.
I have 2 blogs at http://pnkgeeni.blogspot.com/ and http://fotogeeni.blogspot.com/.
I also have a web site at http://www.pnkgeeni.com/.

To see more wonderful and talented artisans from Etsy Greetings visit http://etsygreetingsteam.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure reading about your life. I'm in the senior living business and what you said about going blind truly touched my heart. As you can imagine this happens with our residents.

    Happy Scrapbooking! Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pink Saturday post AJ. You do beautiful work. Loved reading about you. I love butterflies so I really enjoyed the paper that you displayed. So pretty. I have signed up to follow your blog. I hope you will come visit and do the same. I want to see what you show next. Happy PS. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!