Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy 2010 and Happy Pink Saturday

Welcome to 2010!

I hope everyone had a marvelous holiday season! Mine was fantastic. We did have a Christmas Eve blizzard so that caused our family Christmases to be moved to New Year’s weekend. All in all the holidays were great.

I am really embarrassed to say that I have not blogged in almost three months. That is terrible! So why not have my first one for 2010 be a Pink Saturday.

The past two months I have had some health issues, but hopefully that has all been resolved somewhat. I am on oxygen 24/7, but it is temporary. Hopefully, I can start rehab sometime this month. I have had COPD for a while now but I picked up a cold virus that went straight to my chest. I went to my doctor, my doctor in turn sent me to the hospital because of my breathing (or I guess I should say my “gulping for air”). They immediately put me on oxygen. This is where I jumped up and sang “I can see clearly now, the rain has gone.” (If anyone knows who originally sang this, please let me know.) There I had chest x-rays and they found emphysema in the top lobes of my lungs. That’s where the rehab helps…I get to teach the good part of my lungs how to really breath.

Anyway, while I have been recouping I started thinking about my art. I decided to teach myself Copic Markers and take a completely different turn with my art. I love the markers! And the turn I am taking is going to be more fantasy and whimsy. I am going to have fun during rehab and not worry about monetary things. Maybe I will have so much made I’ll be ready to add them to my shops. Unfortunately, with this oxygen I can clean house now. Ugh!

I thought I would share a few of my creations with you.

The first one is my husband’s fairy god mother. I made this card for him to celebrate our late Christmas and New Year's and to let him know that she wished upon us that 2010 would be a lot better than 2009. The image is a digi stamp from Mo’s Digital Pencil. Her illustrations are so detailed and truly imaginative. They cried Copics. This is also a technique from a Technique Junkie Newsletter.


The second one was really my first experiment with Copics. This was for a contest (I didn’t win) and the digi stamp was a creation of Michelle Perkett’s. You need to check out her awesome talent also. Michelle also has some of her images created into greeting cards.


That’s it for now. Have a good week and work on your New Year’s resolutions if you have any. I usually write mine down and never tell anyone.

I hope you drop by Beverly’s blog and check out all the other participants in Pink Saturday.

12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Aletha... I'm so sorry you've been sick!!! I hope you feel much better with each day's passing. Loved seeing your art. Looks like you're up and running again which is good. Thinking of you...


XO,

Sheila :-)

♥Mimi♥ said...

I'm a day late and a dollar short with my Pink Saturday visits. The sun was shining too bright yesterday and just like a little kid I couldn't stop marveling at how lovely it was as it beamed through my lace curtains and puddled on the floor. My cats were in heaven.

So, here I am today, a little late but thinking that I got a bonus because I avoided all the traffic!

Lovely blog and the sweetest pinks that you shared. Thank you so much for making this such a lovely Sunday for me.

someplace in thyme said...

I think your cards are perfect. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling much better and sorry to hear that you had to go thru all that. I hope and pray that next week this will be completely behind you and you can get on with the new year and your art. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Cara said...

Happy New Year, Aletha! Wishing you good health. So sorry to hear what you've been through. I have a chronic lung issue and there is nothing more wonderful then being able to breathe pain free. Your Copic coloring is incredible! Keep up the fabulous work!!
Hugs,
Cara

Cara said...

Oh, who sang that song...Johnnie Nash!! My hubby googled it and it came right up on You Tube. LOL

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Your creations are beautiful. I like the fairy godmother :-)

I wish you too and your family a blessed NNew Year and that you will feel much better

MIzpah,
Li

Betty Refour said...

Beautiful work. hope you feel better soon.

Mari said...

These are gorgeous! And I *love* that fairy godmother from Mo - I also colored her for a Christmas card. lol
Could you tell us which TJ technique you used? I'd surely appreciate it.
Hope you get to feeling better!

WindandHoney said...

I hope you find restored health soon.
Your creations are lovely.

Julie Ranae said...

So glad you stopped by to join us at The Play Date Cafe Challenge. We hope you will find inspiration from our design team and play along!

Also...hope you will stop by Julie's Open Window and say hello as well!

1CardCreator said...

Happy New Year Aletha! My link finally worked. I love your new style. Your shading with the Copic's is amazing! I love the shading details in the eyes,hair and face of Michelle Perketts digi image. So glad to have you back with us again! ~Diane

Beth Norman said...

Your use of colour is outstanding.

Subscribe to my blog