Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Friends are flowers and a Timeless Tuesday

Hope everyone is having a great week! Mine is real busy. Tomorrow is my husband’s 59th Birthday and I still need to shop and finish his card. And on Sunday Feb. 21st, all of my family comes over to celebrate the January and February birthdays. I think I am going to fix chili. The perfect compliment to this weather. I keep telling myself that spring is almost here. It will at least be 50° tomorrow. I think that’s when I will do my shopping. It’s just too cold to shop today.

Speaking of spring…I have created the card below for several challenges. The first two challenges are for Any Stamp Will Do. This is a fairly new online group and we would love for you to join. And spread the word, please. I am a Design Team Member, so you will be seeing my creations on a weekly basis now. I belong to two groups on Any Stamp Will Do. One is Sketch Challenge Mondays and the other is The New Color Challenge.

The Sketch Challenge layout is below.

This is my rendition.

And the colors are gray and orange and the embellishments were to be yellow and red for the Color Challenge. I hope I passed.

The third challenge was for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Their challenge was very simple…”Do something that ROCKS your world.” All of my friends and family is what rocks my boat today. Oh, and of course copics markers.

I started this project trying not to use rubber stamps. Who was I fooling? Rubber stamps are my favorite tool and I’ve got plenty of them. The two stamps I used are from Flourishes. The background stamp is from their Birds and Vines Set #38 (I stamped it on the back also) and the sentiment is from their Nasturtiums Set #51. They are gorgeous!

And before I forget…the Copics I used are Y02, Y35, YR15, R14, R27.

If you need further information or you have questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me at ajsdesigns@cox.net.

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

Aletha

7 comments:

  1. Wow stunning, i love the big flowers the colores are so wonderful.
    Have a colorful day, hug:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flower! I really like the colors too. Thanks for playing in the FTTC54 this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP...this is gorgeous - Aletha!!! I love how you used this Flourishes Set with the big flower!!! Awesome take on challenge :)!!!

    Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just joined the blog group on Any Stamp Will Do and started checking out the blogs. I am glad I found you. This is amazing! I love, love, love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! You do a nice job with your Copics!! Have a nice birthday with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a gorgeous card. That flower looks real, it's just amazing!I love all the different shades you were able to bring into the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Love the nice and bright flower and it looks so delightful!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!