Friday, October 12, 2012

Shades of Black


I hope that everyone has had a fantastic week! We were cooling down in Oklahoma, but some of the heat has come back. When this happens in Oklahoma, that means only one thing...get ready for severe thunderstorms. Hopefully, tornados are not one of the happenings during this thunderstorm, but who knows. This is Oklahoma!

We, at Delicious Doodles, have a brand new challenge ready to go. For our 6th Challenge our theme is “monochromatic.” We want to see anything you want to create, but using shades of one color. How fun is that? Your deadline is October 18, so you have plenty of time.


For my little piece of art was created with one of my favorite images by Teri, Lycaonia. I colored these beautiful kindred spirits with Copics, but I used only the Ws and the Cs. Lycaonia’s skin was colored with E000 with a touch of red pen for her lips.


My designer paper is from Delicious Doodles, but I could not find it in Teri’s shop. The name is “Fireworks in Black and White.” Give her a nudge, I bet she would put it back in her Delicious Doodles shop. I felt like it fit this image perfectly. It reminded me of ice crystals on a window pane.

Lycaonia will be entered in the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge – Monochromatic
Simply Create – Anything Goes
Crafts and Me – Anything Goes
Divas by Designs – Anything Goes


Now, after you have entered our Delicious Doodles 6th Challenge, head over to our Facebook group and show us your little piece of art.

Thanks for stopping by! Contact me if you have any questions. Have a fantastic and creative weekend.
Aletha Jane

6 comments:

  1. You know what hun, I don't think I ever did get round to uploading that paper into the shop!!! ME BAD!!
    Loving this make hun, gorgeous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mrs. Craft Queen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aletha, this is stunning...not only a gorgeous image but colored beautifully!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. I love the paper. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, really pretty card. thanks for joining SC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!