Friday, June 21, 2013

Challenge time at Delicious Doodles


This is my first post being back as a design team member for Delicious Doodles. It's fantastic being back! I love working with Teri’s images. She draws soft and light, and then she can knock us down with her hard and dark images. I love them all.

The Delicious Doodles challenge we have for you today and ending on June 27 is “Stitch It.” We want to see actual needle work on your little piece of art, be it hand or machine.

Let me introduce you to one of Delicious Doodles new images, “Virgo” from the Zodiac collection (my sign by the way). Remember I said Teri can create the darker side of life…check out this “Virgo” from her Horrorscopecollection. Wild, isn’t it?


My stitching for this challenge is by hand, and in the corners of the background and the main image. My Mom is the seamstress in the family, and if there is anything that I picked up from her is that whip stitch. It comes in so handy sometimes. I think it looks great on paper.


Copics used:
Skin: E000, E11, E13, BV000
Hair: Y11, Y21, E97, E99
Dress: V20, V22, V25, V28
Flower: R20, R89, YG97, G94
Background: W00, W0 W1, W2, V22, blender



A few of the other supplies that I used are a die from Marianne Creatables, Spellbinders A2 Curved Matting Basics A, flowers and designer paper from my stash, cardstock from Stampin’ Up!, metallic thread, and gold half pearls.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
Delicious Doodles Design Team

4 comments:

  1. WOW, this is gorgeous hun! Fabulous return!!
    Okay, so a quick tut is needed for that yummy stitching me thinks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ Teri, a tut on your stitching! Aletha, I just truly love your card so pretty, colored so well! Love the flowers and your emblies too, great BG DSP! You ROCK!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous, stunning card Althea, sewing those corners was brilliant and gorgeous, the layout is really beautiful, colored to perfection, see that shine on her hair, amazing. Thanks for sharing this beauty and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic card! Love all of your accents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!