Friday, September 20, 2013

Challenge time with Dilly Beans


Are you all ready for the next challenge with Dilly Beans? This next challenge is easy peasy, use “ribbon.” Remember that you must use a Dilly Beans image plus the ribbon on your little piece of art to enter. Your entry will be in the running for the prize of three digis of your choice.



For my project I chose “River Framed.” Isn’t she a lovely one? Those eyes and the flowers in her hair just say something about her personality. Before I started coloring with my Copics, I first picked out some designer paper from Basic Grey’s Out of Print collection. These papers were perfect for the colors that I felt River deserved. I cut them to size, distressed with Peacock Feather Distressed Ink, and finally mounted on Kraft cardstock and Stampin’ Up!’s  Taken with Teal.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 11, BV000
Hair: E51, 53, 43, 57, 49
Dress: BG70, 57, 72, 75
Leaves & Eyes: YG13, 17, 21, G29
Flowers: R81, 83, 85, RV69, and
YR000, 02, 09, 16, and
BG70, 57, 72, 75
Background: W0, 1, 2, YR000, YG21

My ribbon is from my stash, and luckily was the perfect color. My fun flowers were accomplished by using the four smallest dies from Spellbinder’s Rose Creations. I then got one of my favorite paints, Viva Décor 3-DStamp Paint, in lime green and covered the die cuts. After everything was dry, I shaped the flowers, assembled, placed them wherever, then added the teal flat backed pearls. Now my little piece art is complete.



After you have picked out your perfect image in Megan's Dilly Bean's shop, come join us this week for this fun challenge. After you have entered, come show us your project at our brand new Facebook group. We would really like for you to “Like” our page so you can stay up to date on all the happenings at Silly Dilly Beans. Dilly Beans Inspiration blog has some fantastic sugar skulls on display, check them out. See, there is a lot happening at Dilly Beans, never a dull moment.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
Dilly Beans Design Team

3 comments:

  1. A very beautiful image and your creation is stunning. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love coming to your blog...such gorgeous creations!! This is stunning! Your coloring is off the charts gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, the paper, the layout just fabulous and River ( love that name) is so beautiful and colored to perfection, thanks for sharing it's been a pleasure to visit putting BIG SMILE on my face, hope you have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!