Monday, October 28, 2013

I Brake for Starry Suzi

Hello Blogland! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Were you able to get the creative mojo flowing? I hope that I can inspire you into a little Christmas mojo.


I have created a 5¾” art card using the I Brake for Stamps (IBFS) digital image, Starry Suzi. This little beauty was created by Rick St.Dennis MFA, for IBFS. You can find Starry Suzi in digital format. IBFS also has the exclusive rights of Rick’s Randi Dandi images, meaning that you can find a lot of these eclectic images in rubber form too. Della and Rick have thought of everything.



Starry Suzi was colored with Copics. I fussy cut her and then popped her up on the original image. Starry Suzi and most of Rick’s Randi Dandi’s do not need a lot of embellishments, or at least that’s my opinion. The images speak for themselves.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 11, R20
Hair: Y11, 21, E39, 97, 99
Eyes: YG13, 17
Garland: Y06, 15
Background: E13, R21

My designer paper is Bazzill Basics Paper Countdown to Christmas collection. After trimming the paper down, I layered it with Stampin’Up!’s Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive cardstock.


The fun embellishments are next. I die cut Memory Boxes Frosty Border twice and then added Wink of Stella Brush Tip Markers in gold. If you have not tried these new brush markers, you are missing out. I call them the ink brushes with glitter on steroids. They are so sparkly!


The next embellishments were wood veneer stars. I really am getting a lot of use out of these stars. I am glad that I purchased two boxes. After they were glued down and dry, I colored them with Smooch Gold ink. Love this ink too.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that I have given you a little inspiration. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me.
Aletha Jane

3 comments:

  1. Great design & coloring as always. Would love to have fun in your scrap room. LOL Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring Aletha & I agree about the embellishments...let the image work it's magic!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous color combo, Aletha! Your coloring is beyond fabulous and that border is yummy! hey, an you come do my hair next time I need a color touch up? LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!