Monday, October 7, 2013

IBFS and RSD at Christmas Time


Do you need some Christmas inspiration? I know that I do. I have been so heavy into Halloween, this was a much needed break. This is also my first post as a design team member for I Brake for Stamps (IBFS). I am so honored that Della, owner of IBFS, asked if I would join. Of course, I jumped at the chance. Now I am part of her very talented Design Team.

The image that I used today is from I Brake for Stamps. IBFS is the place to purchase Rick St. Dennis's very popular Randi Dandi stamps, digital or rubber, along with a lot of his bear and clown designs. This image is one of favorites, Noel Holiday Bonnet, designed by Rick for IBFS. Rick’s designs go from the cute to the bizarre. Rick’s eclectic style lends to reaching each artistic style there is.


For now, Noel is available in digital image format in the IBFS Christmas section. I am sure that in the near future you will find that IBFS will have these available in rubber too. But if you like your rubber stamp, Della has a wide range of Rick’s images available in rubber.


Noel was printed out twice, one copy will be for my backdrop and the other colored with Copics and fussy cut. I then added some Spica pens and Start Dust Stickles for some accents. The designer paper is Bo Bunny’s Isabella Collection. I did not have any fuchsia Christmas paper, so this collection seemed to do the trick.


I die cut several poinsettias from Spellbinder’s Layered Poinsettia die out of SU’s Rich Razzelberry cardstock. The poinsettias needed some dimension. I created the dimension by layering one poinsettia that was sprayed with Lyndy Stamp Gang’s new Frostbitten Fuchsia Starburst and the other layer was left in the Rich Razzelberry cardstock.  I added the Viva Décor 3-D Metallic Moss Green stamp paint to some of the poinsettia leaves for that sparkly feel. The ribbon and crystals are from my stash.


I hope that this was an inspiration to you and helped put you in the mood for the upcoming winter holidays. If you need other kinds of inspiration, check out the IBFS blog every day. The IBFS design does wonders with Della's stamps.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me. I hope you have a great and creative week.
Aletha Jane

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first IBFS showpiece its just fabulous and such beautiful colours. I've not blogged for some time :-( but my word while looking for inspiration I found you through Dilly Beans and what a find your colouring is just ace and in love with your work its very inspiring!!

    Thanks for sharing Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Stunning! Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new DT!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!