Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Belle et Bete and a Progressive Challenge


Welcome everyone! It’s been way too long for a visit from me to blog land. Hopefully, over the next few weeks I will have more projects to share, or at least some colored digis.

The Rick St. Dennis MFA (RSD) Progressive Challenge Part Two started around Oct. 1. It would be wonderful if you could take a visit and peek at RSD’s Elite Design Team (EDT) Team A’s amazing creations with RSD’s digi “Belle et Bete.” This beautiful image, which was a joy to color (All of Rick’s images are a joy to color!), is available in Rick’s Etsy store. There is also an RSD EDT call for our blogs and for Facebook. This call will end on Oct. 31. Don’t miss it!



Now it is EDT Team B’s time to showcase this wonderful image, “Belle et Bete.” I have colored this image with Copics and trimmed with an oval die. After the embossing with the die, I trimmed off the outer edge of the image. That was then mounted on the same oval die, but cut with red cardstock.

Copics used:
Skin - E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair – Beast: E37, YR24, Y26, 15;
Belle: E21, 33, 57, 59
Cloak – BV00, 02, 04, 08
Gown - BG11, 18, 32, 78
Bow – RV63, 66, 69
Roses and Hearts – R20, 22, 24, 29, 89
Background – W00, 0, 1, 2, 3

This is a 5”x7” finished card, so I decided to use a 5"x7" background die cut with black cardstock. That cut was glued to a piece of designer paper, trimmed, and layered on red cardstock. All of these elements were mounted on my black card blank.



Supply list:


Just a reminder…we have our RSD DT call going on for our blogs, Sparkle and Glitter and Airless Chambers, and for Facebook. You can read all about it at Sparkle and Glitter and Facebook. We would love for you to join our Facebook group, RSD’s Fans and Friends. We have a bi-weekly art contest that will resume on Nov. 10.

So glad that you stopped by. If you have any question, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss Aletha your cad is gorgeous, beautiful design, and of course colored to perfection, Beauty and the Beast was my favorite TV show when it was on, who wouldn't love Vincent :O).. thanks for sharing hope you have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!