Monday, December 8, 2014

December SPS Blog Hop


Welcome to our Sweet Pea Stamps (SPS) blog hop. Each of Sweet Pea’s amazing designers has come up with creative ways to use a non-Christmas themed image to create a Christmas themed project! We hope to inspire you to work out of the box for each and every holiday with images you might not consider when crafting.

If you came from Holley’s blog you are on the right track.
If you got lost along the way, below is our blog roll.

Ria
Aletha – You are here!
Denise 


For my non-Christmas image I chose ching-chou-kuik’s Face #4. You can purchase most of CCK’s images in digital format or as rubber stamps. Her newest images are rubber stamp only. I colored Face #4 with Copics and I chose traditional Christmas colors. After coloring I trimmed her with curved dies. Before layering the image on green and red cardstock, I accented the inner background with green and red PanPastels and the outside edges with red ink.



Copics used:
Skin: E000, 009, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: G40, 43, 46, 94, 99;
Roses: R01, 02, 05, 08, 89, W6.

My die cut accents are poinsettias and a white fleur di leis snow flake. My poinsettias were cut and embossed. While they were still in the die, I added gold ink to the embossed areas. The snow flake was cut in half and added to the top left corner and bottom right corner of the main image.





Here's a coupon that you can use NOW!


Please visit each of SPS’s talented team members' blogs and leave a little love - a comment on every hop post will enter you into a drawing for a $20 gift code to the Sweet Pea Stamps store! As an added bit of fun share the hop on Facebook tagging Sweet Pea Stamps for a chance for a $10 gift code to the Sweet Pea Stamps store! Winners will be chosen around the first of next week.


Tomorrow, in our SPS Facebook group, our bi-weekly art contest will begin again and last for 2 weeks. This contest will be that last one for 2014. Don’t worry; we will have another one starting January 12, 2015. Would you like to keep up with all the sales and new images at Sweet Pea? Come like our Sweet Pea page to get all the news. Be sure and check “get notifications.”

I am thrilled that you stopped by today. I wish everyone safe travels and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Aletha Jane

14 comments:

  1. very nice coloring, and love embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!!! She looks great Christmas style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poinsettia s and your coloring of this image to make it more like Christmas! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning Aletha! Your coloring is just GORGEOUS and I love her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Overwhelming beautiful Aletha, I just love you colouring and this is such a Christmas looking card with all the reds and greens :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overwhelming beautiful Aletha, I just love you colouring and this is such a Christmas looking card with all the reds and greens :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous coloring Aletha, this turned out awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Althea...you have done it again. Your projects are always outstanding. Love your image, coloring and those diecuts are fantastic. Thanks for the HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love bright cheery colors, and flowers are gorgeous.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aletha, a stunning card you have made for the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog Hop. I love to see non-traditional Christmas images used for Christmas and this image certainly works. It’s lovely to take part in the Blog Hop and see such a variety of creations. Wishing you a happy Christmas and all the very best for 2015, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!