Friday, March 13, 2015

A Thank You Card


Many of you knew that I had a lung biopsy last October. The good report was that the spot was benign, but in the process of the needle biopsy my lung collapsed. All is well now, but at that time I did have to spend three days in the hospital while the lung was re-inflating. I received a beautiful bouquet of roses from my husband’s office and I wanted to send them a very special “Thank You” card.

I really did not want the design to be too humdrum, but I did want it to make a statement. My selection of colors was easy, why not my favorite color purple? Fun Stampers Journey  (FSJ) has beautiful purple cardstock and hybrid inks to fit the bill. I chose to make a 5½” square card.



The first step was to cut FSJ Whip Cream cardstock to 5½” X 11”, and folded that to make the square card base. My four top layers are made with FSJ Pretty Amethyst, Deep Lilac, and Whip Cream cardstocks. I put these layers together and added the Rhttp://www.reasonableribbon.com/eally Reasonable Ribbon purple ribbon to these layered pieces and added that to my card front.



The FSJ stamp set that I created my layered daisy with is Daisy Blooms. For the rubber stamping I used Whip Cream cardstock with FSJ True Fusion inks in Pretty Pansy and Lavender Fusion. Our ink colors and cardstock match perfectly. After all the stamping was done, I matched the FSJ Daisy Blooms Die with my stamped images and and completed the cutting with the Journey Die Cutting Machine. The other layers for my daisy are cut with the Daisy Blooms Die and in the cardstocks of Pretty Amethyst and Deep Lilac.

I always finish the insides of my cards and this one is no different. Just a warning, these extra layers do make the cards heavier than normal, but it is worth the effort and the extra postage. I used the same FSJ cardstocks as I did for the front. For my “Thank You” sentiment I stamped the “Thank You” from the FSJ “Sweet You” stamp set in FSJ Whip Cream die ink on the Deep Lilac cardstock. That was cut with an Heirloom Rectangle die from Spellbinders.




My purple Thank You card will be entered in the following challenges:
 Really Reasonable Ribbon - Flowers and Ribbon
Aud Sentiment Challenge - Use a Two Word Sentiment

I guess by now you can tell I am a Coach for Fun Stampers Journey. If you need any product, i.e. dies, cardstock, stamps, embellishments, etc., you can purchase these from me. Please click here to take you to my Fun Stampers Journey web site.

Are you interested in a little more income for your household? Why not join my team of Fun Stampers Journey Coaches?  The enrollment information is available on my Fun Stampers Journey site. There are three business kits that you can order to become part of my team. They range from $69.99 to $199.99. This is an amazing incentive. Believe me when I say this is so much fun and you get to meet so many new people. I should be having a virtual Fun Stampers Journey party very soon. I want to invite you to my Facebook FSJ group, AJ’s Stampers Journey. This is the place where you can keep up with all things Fun Stampers Journey.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! Thank you for joining us at Audsentiments, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the design.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cad, Aletha. You have combined your ribbons and flowers so beautifully, and it's just perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!