Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Darling Daughter Turned 40!


I guess that would make me at least 21 years older. LOL Anyway, she is the one who had the 40th birthday. With that said, I created her a very special art card for her fortieth year of life.

My daughter Heidi has caught the Copic bug and I have been giving her a few Copic pointers. In this process, she fell in love with Heather Valentin’s (Lacy Sunshine) images. Her favorite character, out of all of Heather’s original characters, is Rory. I asked Heather if she could create a Rory with the numeral “40,” and this is what she came up with. Heather’s imagination is wonderful, original, and amazing. 


Copics are the first medium of choice, for me anyway, for coloring any Lacy Sunshine images. As you will be able to tell, Heidi’s favorite colors are pink and purple.

I will not take you through my whole creative process, but I will show you a few pictures showcasing some new Sunshine glitters and a few Spellbinder’s dies.

The picture above is the best showing of Heather’s glitters. The mini flowers were some extras that I had in my pile. Before adding the glitter I brushed on some Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ) Deep Lilac True Color Fusion Ink to the ends of each petal. The glitter on the flowers is Frosted Snow from Heather’s Sunshine Iced Pastels Kit. Look at that sparkle!!!  For the final touch for the flowers, I added some black flat-backed pearls to the center. The butterfly is from Tattered Lace Butterflies and I sprinkled Heather’s Frosted Lemon Drop, also from the Sunshine Iced Pastels Kit. The butterfly’s body is covered with Sunshine Blackberry glitter. My sentiment, Happy Birthday, was die cut from FSJ Black Licorice cardstock with Spellbinder’s die Sentiments 3. Can you see the branch that the flowers are attached? That is a stray chipboard piece that I coated with white gesso. When that was dry I sprayed with one of Heather’s new line of paints, Sweet Lilac Shimmer. I wish that my camera could pick up the shimmer. Believe me it is a’ shimmerin’.


In this picture (above) shows my Gerber Daisy. I am having a lot of fun with Spellbinder’s “create” a flower die series. This Gerber Daisy was cut from FSJ Bubble Gum cardstock. Before my assembly of the daisy, I sponged on some FSJ Pretty Pansy ink on each petal center. After the assembly was completed I added a black flat-backed pearl to the center and some of Heather’s Blackberry glitter. Even as dark as that center is, you can still see the entire blackberry sparkle.


And now for the completed project…this is a 6” square art card. The base is trimmed from a 12” square of FSJ Black Licorice cardstock, folded for a finished 6” square card. My bottom two layers are trimmed from FSJ Watermelon Fusion and Deep Lilac cardstock. The background, which pulls it all together, is trimmed from Heather’s Tie Dye Swirls digital paper kit.



Did you know…?

We have a Lacy Sunshine Blog Challenge every two weeks. This is a “loyalty” challenge blog that I know you would be thrilled to be a part of. We also have another challenge going on at the Lacy Sunshine blog and you will get to see the Lacy Sunshine Creative Team showcasing their remarkable project.  Lacy Sunshine Facebook group. You will find a challenge just around any corner to win you some Lacy Sunshine goodness.
You are also invited to join our

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, just contact me.
Aletha Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!