Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Chill Out with Simon Says Stamp


I’m back!!! My project today was so much fun. I decided to work with a few of my favorite mediums - Brusho pigments along with Ken Oliver’s Liquid Metallics. Let’s get started!

On trimmed 6” by 6” Canson watercolor stock I stamped the Frozen Fractals clear stamps, included in Simon Says Stamp January Kit with Versamark ink and then embossing with white EP. I had Gina K Designs white EP close by. After the fractals cooled the fun began. I added Brusho Cobalt, let that move around, and then added the Violet on top. I let that air dry for a couple of minutes and then added Ken Oliver’s Metallic Amethyst. I love watching watercolor move and blend. Adding the metallic amethyst was perfect, but knowing me, I needed more shimmer. Shimmer Spritz to the rescue. When the air drying was complete, I trimmed the panel to 4¼” by 5½” and added it to my card base with strong double sided tape.




I needed a sentiment and another birthday card. I also did not want the sentiment to compete with the finished background. Cindy Echtinaw Designs “Say It Your Way Fancy” sentiments were the perfect fit. I stamped Happy Birthday with Versamark, embossed with silver EP on a scrap of 40# vellum, and trimmed that down to around 5” by ¾”. Before adhering it to my card front I added strips of white glitter paper to the top and bottom for added glitz. The final touch was adding the sequins that were included in the kit. My finished card is 4¼” by 5½” top fold A2 card.


Unfortunately Simon Says Stamp’s January Kit is sold out. Please click on my affiliated links below to check out some of the products still available. You will also find a link to subscribe to Simon Says Stamps monthly kits. You save a few bucks subscribing to the subs.

“Chill Out Happy Birthday” card will enter the following challenges.
Crafty Creations challenge – Anything Goes
A Snowflake’s Promise – Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please ask. Until next time…
Happy creating,
Aletha Jane



Some affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me, but if you click on the pics below and make a purchase, I get a commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! This color combo is perfect for the season, background and stamps are fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! BArbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!