Saturday, January 14, 2017

Stamp TV’s MIUM Third Times a Charm



Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you a birthday card I completed for the StampTV challenge “Mix It Up Monday,” (MIUM). This is a big test for me because my “goal” for 2017 was to create at least 3-4 projects (cards, mixed-media, journal pages, etc.) a week and blog about them all.

For the latest MIUM at StampTV, our theme is “Third Times a Charm.” You can create anything your heart desires, but you need to have an item repeat three times. This was a fun one. I dug through all of my GKD stamps (I do have a few…HAHA) and picked Theresa Momber’s “Country Road 2.” I love all things floral so I picked the largest of the three flowers image.


My first step was trimming Bristol Smooth cardstock down to 4¼” square. Next was embossing the flowers with white embossing powder and start the water coloring. The Zig Brush Markers colors I used for the background olive green and blue gray. The flowers were light violet and deep violet. I added some gold gel pen to the centers. I fussy cut the flowers and added them to the square panel. Sponging some of GKD’s Moonlit Flog to the edges and some of the background was done with a sponge dauber. The sentiment was stamped with GKD’s Onyx Black. For the finale touches I splattered some yellow gold watercolor and some various sizes of gold sequins.


I would like to mention that Zig’s brush markers are amazing on the Bristol Smooth cardstock. In fact, I feel they do better on this stock than on any other watercolor stocks.


“Birthday Wishes” will be entered in the following challenges:
StampTV MIUM – Third times a charm (you will have to sign in on this site)
613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes w/optional twist
Fashionable Stamping – winter or spring

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Until next time...wishing you happiness and artiness!
Aletha Jane









Some affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me, but if you click on the pictures below and make a purchase, I get a commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.

The legends for all affiliated/non-affiliated links are:


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is beautiful. So great colored... wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!