Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Anything Goes Challenge at TTCRD




It’s that time again at Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) for the next weekly “anything goes” challenge. You will have until Monday, August 21, to enter our fun challenge. Our sponsor this week is Crafts and Me. They are offering a prize of £8 digi voucher.

Just a few notes about Crafts and Me
"We are a small family crafts business that came about when as a card making family, my daughters, young granddaughters, and I that is! Not our men, who do not make cards, (although my husband has had a go), could never find the stamps and crafts that we had seen advertised. So, in the end, we decided to start up “Crafts and Me”, enabling us to get the products we wanted and to offer other crafters like you.

We love the different ranges of stamps and crafts that we get from all over the world and we hope you will love them too! Our aim is to give you the best possible customer service that we can, and to treat our customers just as we would want to be treated ourselves.

Enjoy looking through our shop. If you cannot find a product you would like, or if you have any suggestions about our shop, we would love to hear from you. Email us at info@craftsanddme.co.uk; we are always looking for ways to improve our site."

Artist Jeremiah Ketner, a Chicago based artist, who tends to paint charming little creatures floating through pastel dreamscapes. His Japanese pop art imagery tends to describe the casual and carefree side of life. Jeremiah Ketner has been busy painting and exhibiting his works all over the nations.

Jeremiah’s image that I have colored is Spirals. You can purchase, at Crafts and Me, this image and others by Jeremiah, as a digital image or as an unmounted rubber stamp.

The photos below give you an idea of what I color first and the Copics I used also. I am working on a coloring video, but that will come later.

Depending on the technique, the background is what I color first.
The splotches are created with alcohol and micro-fine tip applicators. 

Skin and blush are next.
The way I color skin is lightest color first, darkest next.
My technique is E50, 04, 13, 11, 53, 51, and E50 again, blending as I go with each color.
The blush is R20 as the shade, and R11 for blending. I hope this makes sense.


Hair is my next area to tackle.
I do a lot of flicking with hair and work from light to dark.


The two photos above are the coloring of  the Jasmine, Orchids,
dove, and dress. At first her dress reminded me of bark.
I really did not want brown again, so it turned into leaves.

Other supplies (all links below) are Bristol Smooth 300 series for my cardstock,
accents with Memento Markers in Pear Tart, Sweet Plum, and Bamboo Leaves,
and a Molotow white pain pen for more background accents.

My finished project.

  • A reminder to all who play along with us each week: You can enter twice and both need to be new projects. No back linking allowed either. All entries must mention and have a link to Through the Craft Room Door
  • To those of you that continue to play along with us every week, thank you so much! We appreciate you sharing your creations with us and truly enjoy your talent!
  • To see how the winners and top 3 are selected click here to check the “Challenges Rules” tab. information.
  • The July/August edition of the “Through the Craft Room Door” (a short version) online magazine can be viewed HERE.
  • If you are interested in subscribing, please check HERE and click on “Magazine Subscription” tab for more information.
  • You are invited to submit your cards and projects for our September/October issue. Please check HERE and look under the “Magazine Submissions” tab for information regarding requirements or contact Sandra or Cara at TTCRDmag1@gmail.com.
  • If you are interested in becoming a Designer or Guest Designer for “Through the Craft Room Door”, please check out the link HERE for more information.
  • If you look at the top of my sidebar, you will see a sneak peek of the July/August issue of our online magazine.

I will be entering the following challenges:
Crafting by Design – Anything Goes
Stamps by Star – Hand Colored Image
613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes w/optional Shabby Chic twist

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions,
please contact me.
Aletha Jane









Some affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me, but if you click on the pics below and make a purchase, I get a commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!