Thursday, September 14, 2017

Lacy Sunshine’s Lil’ Autumn Sprite, Pumpkins, and Leaves


I’ve got a Copic colored image (hopefully a project soon) using one of the cutest fantasy figures, Lil’ Autumn Sprite, from Lacy Sunshine. Heather Valentin, artist and creator of Lacy Sunshine, is behind all the amazing illustrations in her shop. I am in awe of what comes out of her brain and down her pencil.

The following pics are a tour of my coloring process. I am working on a coloring video and hopefully have it up within the next week. I will shut up now and let you look and read.

Copics used for:
Skin: E04, 11, 13, 50, 51,53
Blush: R11, 20
Lips: V06, 12
Hair: G20, 46, 82, 99; Memento Markers in Cottage Ivy & Bamboo Leaves
Skin seems to be the place I go to first for coloring. I lay down on one side of the face the lightest (E50), and start blending with the darkest (E04) and end with E50. The hair is all about flicking. I started with the lightest (G20) and end with the darkest (G99), meaning I go from light to dark.


Copics used for:
Orange pumpkin: YR00, 02, 12, 16, 18; E07, W3
I used the flicking technique on the orange pumpkin, and went from light to dark.
The lightest part of the pumpkin was left showing the white cardstock and then blended
again with the lightest.



Copics used for:
Side Pumpkins: Y11, 15, 17, YR12, E07, YG11, 13, 17, G29
The same coloring method was used as on the orange pumpkin.



Copics used for:
Wings: YR12, 18; V09, 12
Clothes: V09, 12; G20, 82, 99
The wings used the flicking method and colored from light to dark.
Clothes were completed with just blending, starting with the lightest, darkest, and
ending with the lightest.


Copics used for:
Leaves: G40, 82, 85, 99; YR12, 14, 18, 20; V000, 09, 12, 15, 17
Background: W000, 0, 1, 2, 3
Splotches on background: alcohol and micro-tipped applicators
There really was no rhyme or reason with coloring the leaves, but I did want them to look fall-ish.
The background was colored from dark to light,
with splotches added with rubbing alcohol and micro-tipped applicators.



The complete coloring!

I hope that you join us over at Lacy Sunshine’s Facebook group. We have a monthly challenge and the random drawn winner will get to choose three images of their choice. The top two winners will be artist choice and win one image of their choice. You MUST use a Lacy Sunshine image for this challenge. We also have a “Coloring Without Boundaries” group where you can share all and any coloring or project from any artist and company.

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any questions, contact me please.
Aletha Jane






Some affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me. If you click on the pics below and make a purchase, I get a commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!