Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Getting Ready for Christmas with Concord & 9th


I bit the bullet and started on Christmas projects. I decided to go with Concord & 9th’s September’s release and landed on their Many Mandala stamps and dies. Many years ago, when I was healthy enough to participate in the arts and crafts shows community, I created mandala ornaments, shadow boxes, and cards with mandala stamps from Outline Rubber Stamps. I have worn out most of my wood mounted stamps and unfortunately they are out of business. When I saw Concord & 9th’s "Many Mandalas" set, my world was looking up!

I will be making more mandalas and in more colors of cardstock, but this time around I chose gold embossing on a green and red cardstock. My go-to cardstock and embossing powders are from Gina K. Designs. Gina’s cardstock is a base-weight stock and takes whatever you dish out. The photos below are my process photos. Enjoy!


Photo above is gold embossing on the cardstock along with the die cuts.
You will need two sets of the four shown.




The three photos above are the order for each layer for each side of the mandala.
You will need two complete layers sides of the complete layering.


Ta Da! You now have two sides complete for one finished mandala.
At this time you need to add a crystals, or any kind of embellishment you want,
to the center of each side.


Take the backside of one mandala and add some gold thread,
this thread is from my stash, and foam tape for added dimension.


Another Ta Da! Above is my finished mandala ornament.



My mandala is now ready for the tree or as a table top decoration.

I hope that you will take a look at Concord & 9th’s merchandise. You creativity will really start flowing.

Challenges:
ABC Christmas  Challenge – U for Unlimited
Always Fun Challenge #27 – Lots of Layers


Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
AJ’s Design Artz


Affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me. If you click on the pics below (you have a choice of several online stores) and make a purchase, I get a commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.


2 comments:

  1. Play Bazaar Mobile marketing reaches a lot of people, and things can become popular or unpopular in a hurry. If something's becoming unpopular, fix Satta King it before it catches on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may take money to make money with network marketing, so do not forget that you may need to invest in order to see a return on that investment. If
    Satta King Internet Marketing Tips That Are Easy To Follow Play Bazaar you aren't ready to put any money into building a successful marketing business, perhaps you should look elsewhere to find money-making opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!