Hi all and welcome to Monday. Are you ready for AuroraWings’ 2ndchallenge? We have a fun one this time around. We want to see you create a project in “monochromatic” colors.
There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- You are welcome to enter any type of craft project you would like to create, made with any company/artist's digi.
- Your link must point to your entry and NOT your entire blog.* Please link back to our(AuroraWings) blog.
- We would love for you to follow our blog so you won't miss out on any important announcement and fun.
- The theme of the challenge must be followed.
- The work you submit must be your own and new, no back linking.
- Please feel free to combine your creation with any other challenges.
- Entry limit is 3 per person, per challenge.
- To join in on a challenge, please use the link tool at the bottom of the challenge post with your blog post creations, and include a link back to us to let everyone know where to find us to join in on the fun.
Every challenge will have:
- 1 (one) Artist's Choice Award winner to be selected from entries using AuroraWings digi (badge and $20 GC)
- 1 (one) random winner ($20 GC)
- Top 3 winners (badge and $10 GC)
This is my first inspiration piece as an AuroraWings designer. I am honored to be a part of this talented team and I hope that I bring justice to Mitzi’s amazing images. For my project I decided on the color purple, which is my favorite color. My Aurora Wings image was easy to decide on also. I commissioned Mitzi Sato-Wiuff to create me an ACEO Whimsical Petunia Sprite, and she is available as a digital image also. Isn’t she the cutest? I love petunias and their bright colors. No garden should be without them, especially in Oklahoma.
My Petunia Sprite was colored with Copics. I fussy cut her and layered her on Stampin’ Up!’s Elegant Eggplant cardstock. Before layering, the cardstock was die cut with Spellbinder’s Lacy Ovals. My designer paper is from a collection by Heartfelt Creations. My lavender metallic paper is Stardream Lavender.
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Blue violets: BV01, 02, 04, 08, 12
Viotes: V01, 06, 09, 20
My embellishments are very limited on this project. My corners are chipboard from Make it Crafty. I mixed some DecoArt dioxazine purple acrylic paint and pearlizing medium to these corners. I am really enjoying DecoArt’s pearllizing medium. I can now turn any color of acrylic paint into a pearlized color. Those tiny flowers are from a new (it’s new to me) Cheery Lynn die, Tiny Flower Kit. I will be getting a lot of use out of this little die. I added some orchid Liquid Pearls to the center of each tiny little flower.
I hope you join us. When you do, and you use an AuroraWings image, please come join our Facebook group and post your little piece of art.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.