Friday, September 20, 2013

Blog Hop with Cindy Echtinaw and Spellbinders


Happy Saturday wherever you are in this wonderful world of ours! If you hopped from Cindy’s blog, you are on the right track.


Welcome to our first blog hop for Cindy Echtinaw Designs (CED) featuring Spellbinder’sCard Creators. These amazing dies were designed by our own fabulous and beautiful Cindy Echtinaw.


I know that you will love these dies. Cindy has designed these for A2 and A7 size cards. AND she has also designed the Layer Creator to use with these Card Creator dies for perfect placement. This tool is wonderful! Please check it out.

Please visit these blogs to view other Amazing Projects
created using the Newest Spellbinders Release dies.
Leave a comment for your chance to win a set of
 Pearl Effects Card Creator Dies from Cindy Echtinaw Designs &
a 2nd winner will receive Tile Works direct from Spellbinders Paper Arts!!!!!

Aletha Jane Williams (you are here)

2 Random winners will be drawn on September 30th

For my little project I was assigned the “Tile Works” Card Creator dies. I love them! I really love all the Card Creator dies! This style will go with just about anything. I am already planning on using them again with an Asian themed project. I die cut with red and yellow cardstock, and then used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on the embossed areas. This really made the design pop.


It has been a very long time that my Copics colored a Magnolia stamp. These little charmers were the first stamps I used when I got hooked on Copics. I am going to call this one “Tilda with Mended Heart.” She is a cutie.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 11, BV000, R20
Hair: E50, 37, Y21, 26, YR24
Smock, hair bow, shoes, heart:
R20, 21, 22, 24, 27, 29
Dress, socks, ribbon around heart:
Y11, 13, 15, 17, 26
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, 4, Y11


Tilda was stamped twice, one for the central image and the second for the backdrop. The image with all colors was fussy cut first. The image for the backdrop was die cut with Spellbinder’s A2 Matting Basics B, designed by Cindy also. Before placing the first image on the backdrop, I distressed the edge with Gathered Twigs Distressed Ink.



Now it’s time for all the assembly. I am happy to say, it all fell into place. I centered the first red Tile Works die cut on the base, and then overlaid that with ribbon and tatting. Then the yellow and Tilda layers were next, added a bow and red and yellow roses. It is ready for someone who has a heart that needs mending.

I am thrilled that you dropped by. Your next stop is Christi’sblog. Happy hopping and I will see you soon.
Aletha Jane

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!