Day 2 of the Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge 2017

Wahoo! Day 2 and 28 more days to go. I am so glad I decided to join in the fun this time around. I am talking about Kathy Racoosin’s The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge. Head over to Kathy’s blog and find all the info you need.

I have completed the coloring of Flower Fairy by Teri Sherman of Delicious Doodles. Did you know that there are several places on Facebook to share your coloring or projects using Teri’s images? Here are a few links for you…Teri’s coloring group, and Delicious Doodles group.

I do prefer Copics as my coloring medium. Here is that list (and it’s a long list): Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, R20; Hair: E70, 71, 74, 77, 79; Wings: RV10, B000; Eyes: G40, 92, 94, Background: B00; Blues: B21, 24, 26, 29; Yellows: Y13, 15, 17, 18, 28; Violets: RV52, 34, 66, 69; Orange: YR20, 21, 23, 24, 27; Reds: R21, 24, 27, 29; Greens: G40, 82, 94, 99.

I guess that will be it for today. Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me via email or message me on Faceb…

Day 1 of the Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge 2017

I am taking the plunge for my second time around during Kathy Racoosin’s 30 day color challenge. This is Kathy’s seventh year as host for this amazing challenge. There is no pressure; you can color as long as you want each day, even if it’s just for five minutes.  You can also use any art medium you want. This challenge is not limited to just markers. Today is the first day and I hope that you can join us all.

My first day of coloring is the hair on this beautiful image, Flower Fairy, illustrated by Teri Sherman of Delicious Doodles. This image is described as a “coloring page,” but you can reduce this, and most of Teri’s other images, to card size. 

I did color the skin earlier this week. Day 1 is the coloring of her hair. I will, hopefully, finish coloring Flower Fairy in the next few days.
The Copic colors for the skin and hair are: Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, R20; Hair: E70, 71, 74, 77, 79.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please email me or contact me on Facebook. Al…

Life is Beautiful!

I am ready for Mother Nature to decide if it’s spring or winter. All of Oklahoma’s trees and early blooming plants are budding. I am in the mood for spring and all of its glory. Today I have incorporated several Altenew stamp sets to complete today’s card and show very bright and springy colors.
Today I have incorporated several Altenew stamps to complete today’s project.

The main image is from Altenew’s Majestic Bloom collection, leaves are from the Beautiful Day collection, and the sentiment is from the Spring Daisy collection. I am into coloring right now and concentrating on watercolor and Copics. With this image I chose white embossing these images and coloring with watercolors. My watercolors used are Kuretake Gansai Tambi in #34 and #64. Also, the Zig Clean Color Real Brushes color’s are 024-Wine Red, 030-Blue, 043-Olive Green, and 046-Mid Green. My cardstock is Gina K Designs.

The challenges that I am entering are: Altenew’s February Challenge – Photo inspiration from this pic

Let Your Hair Down with Paper Nest Dolls

I have a very sweet project for you today. The rubber stamp that I used today is from Paper Nest Dolls, entitled “Let Your Hair Down” Isn’t she the cutest? Christine Young is the designer and artist. Check out her shop. She has rubber stamps and digital images available.

My first thing to do was the Copic coloring and finding a die to use. I settled on a Spellbinder’s die and my Copic colors are:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, 13, R20; Dress: BG10, 11, 13, 18, T5, and R21, 22, 29; Hair: Y23, YR21, E15, 18; Roses and flowers in hair: R21, 22, 29, with gold gel pen for accents.

My oval frame was cut with a Spellbinder’s die out of Ocean Mist 100# cardstock from Gina K Designs. I also used Gina K’s “Here Comes the Sun” designer paper for my background. As you can see in the picture, my card layers are the designer paper, Gina K’s 120# White, and more of the Ocean Mist. My final touches are the flowers and flat-backed red pearls, all from my stash.

“Let Your Hair Down” will be entered in the followi…