Monday, August 1, 2011

GHWI Challenge #4

It’s that time again for another Get Hippity with {ippity} challenge. No. 4 is easy peasy.

This time we are doing a COLOR COMBO. You are to use three or more colors that you see in the inspiration card. This project was created by Angie Blom, a designer with Unity Stamp Co. She was kind enough to grant us permission (I will keep that in mind for future reference, Angie!) to use her design. I picked this particular creation because of all the bright colors, and there are definitely more than three colors for you to choose from.

Angie’s inspiration piece:

The rules…
•You DO NOT have to use an {ippity} or Unity stamp, but if you do, you are entered in the drawing twice. (We use the “random generator thingy.”) DO let us know what stamp set you used in your project.
•You need to stay with the current theme. You can create any project you like, card, ATC, tags, layouts, mixed–media, altered art, etc.
•You can enter just once.
•You need to post here in the discussion area at GHWI and in your TLL gallery.
•When posting to your gallery on TLL use the key/tag IPPITY#4. If you post other places on the web, please use GHWI#4.
•Come visit the Design Team’s blog and do a follow. We really like follows! http://hippitywithippity.blogspot.com/
•You will also need to HAVE FUN! That’s what we are here for.

If you follow all the guidelines, your prize is an {ippity} stamp set of your choice!

Now for my little piece of art:
I wanted to keep this simple and clean, but I could not help but pile on the layers. This is a wonderful stamp set to work with. After taking a good hard look at the set, ideas began to flow.



Details for my project:
Stamp set: it is an {ippity}, but it is one of the new August releases. You will have to wait on my blog posting on Aug. 5. Sorry!
Copics: bg10, 18; r20, 22, 29; y35, 38
PrismaColor pencils: canary yellow, deco yellow, goldenrod, Spanish orange.
DP: from my stash, really scraps. I did purchase it from Hobby Lobby.
CS: SU in basic black and summer sun; Cryogen 80#
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Tea Stain
Dies: Spellbinders diamonds and squares

Challenges for my card:
Craft Us Crazy – anything goes
(NOTE: I browse Feline Playful for all my challenges.)

That’s it for today. Come on over to The Latte Lounge and join our No. 4 challenge at Get Hippity with Ippity/Join the Unity Community. I hope to see you there!

Have a great week! Thank you, Angie!
Aletha

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy1

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfull card! Inside and outside perfect! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!