Thursday, November 4, 2010

Birthday Wishes for my Mom


I just received this Tilda image “Apple Tilda” from Cindy and Kevin at StampingScrapping.com. I had to color her for my Mother. My Mom just loves these little "angels" and her favorite layout is the easel card. So for her 76th birthday, on Saturday, this is what I came up with.


And while I was at it, I decided to use Priscilla’s sketch at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #78. I really twisted it some so they may kick me out. I combined the fancy layout with the clean layout. Check them out:

 

The Copics that I used are:

I am so happy with the way this turned out. The layout worked just great. I used Magnolia Leaf and Swirl DooHickey dies for the swirls. I also used Spellbinders Nestabilitie dies, the Beaded Ovals and the Large Ovals. The designer paper I used is from Basic Grey 6”x6” pad June Bug.



I also got way out of my comfort zone. I finally colored something with the light source coming straight on. I usually show the shadow on the right hand side of an image, but not this time. This is also my first time I have combined red and yellow. Thank goodness for those mini pads of designer paper. They sure help when you are in a color rut.


Thanks so much for stopping by. You all have a great weekend! I know we will, we are taking my wonderful Mom out for a birthday dinner! I know that I am blessed to still have her around!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting me at ajsdesigns@cox.net.

See you next week!

Aletha Jane

10 comments:

  1. What a darling card, and I know your mother is going to love it! Happy 76th to her!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness...this is lovely! Happy day to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom is just going to love this card. You have colored this Tilda to perfection. What happy fun colors. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. She turned out beautiful! Your work and the work of others on the Maggies makes me a little less apprehensive. I have a few of them, but haven't taken the plunge and started coloring any of them yet. Keep up the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love how colorful it is!! Happy Birthday to your mom!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card with beautiful coloring! Your Mom will love this! Happy Birthday to her! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! I'm sure you Mom will love this delightful card. It's so beautiful with those colors. Happy 76 Birthday to your Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous card for your Mom!! Love the swirls, your image, and everything else! Thanks so much for joining us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I hope you'll join us next week!
    Hugs, Darsie
    MMSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely card. Your coloring and shading is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!