Saturday, July 6, 2013

Freebie Saturday with Rick St. Dennis MFA


Yep, you heard right. Rick has another freebie for you on the Sparkle and Glitter blog. There will be another contest too. The theme for this one is “anything goes,” but you have to use this freebie “Summer Fairy.”

This little cutie was a lot of fun to color. This time around I did find paper I wanted to use before I did my coloring. With Copics I had no trouble finding the colors to match.

Copics used:
E000, E11
R20, R43, R56, R59
BV000
G82, G85, G99
YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99

The huge flower was an experiment for me. Why I say experiment is me and making flowers do not meld together. But I will keep trying.  I used the Spellbinder’s die Sun Kissed Fleur (designed by Heartfelt Creations). What is so cool about this die is that all the flower sections are all in one die. You can cut the die one time and get all the sizes you need. After I cut them out I used some Creative Inspirations Tutu Pink paint, and then for every other layer added Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to help give it some depth and separate the layers of the finished flower.



My background dies are from Spellbinders, Octagon and Scallop Circles.  I distressed the edges of the scallop circle die with Worn Lipstick and Antique Linen. The leaves were cut from dies by Memory Box and Marianne Creatables.



The designer paper and brown pearls are from my stash. I think the paper is BasicGrey. Distressing was done with DI in Frayed Burlap. My ribbon and lace are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Now if you like the darker side of things, Rick has another freebie for you on our Airless Chambers blog. The same contest is going on too, but you must use the freebie from that blog.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
RSD Elite Design Team

5 comments:

  1. Aletha,
    Your card is stunning. I am in awe of how you colored your image! Love your LO, and the cut outs and well just everything! I am so amazed, every time I see your coloring skills! You are so talented, and I am proud to call you my friend! Take care!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! The color combo is so striking.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute Aletha, so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Althea is a gorgeous card, you have colored her beautifull, and I think your flower is beautiful, I find if I wet each layer of the flowers then scrunch them a little or even curl the petals it gives the flower more of a realistic look since real flowers are usually not so uniform, just a hint to help with your flowers:O). Thanks for sharing and the link, have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful love your coloring and the card is so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!