Monday, October 17, 2016

Bright Sketchy Blooms


I know it's not spring or summer, but when I saw this gorgeous stamp at Simon Says Stamps from Stampendous, I knew that my colors were going to bright and springy. I wonder what they would look like with fall colors? I might have to try fall colors the next time I color Sketch Blooms by Stampendous.

Of course, my first step was stamping Sketchy Blooms on blending cardstock and begin coloring with Copics Sketch markers. I do recommend using a cardstock that is made for the blending of Copics or any other alcohol based markers. You will be satisfied in the outcome of your project.


Copics used are:
Reds: R30, 32, 35, 37, 39;
Pinks: RV00, 17, 63, 66, 69;
Blues: B21, 23, 26, 29;
Leaves: YG17, 21, +G28;
Background: BG000, 10, 11.

The next step was trimming the image to a 4.5” square. I added the blue denim cardstock to the front panel of my 4.75” card. I added white fun foam to the image square and offset it so the finished image would show the blue cardstock. I splattered blue glitter marker and finished with 3mm sparkling sequins. I really need to grow my sequin stash. I have fallen in love with them, along with Swarovski crystals.


Sketchy Blooms will enter the following challenges:
Aurora Wings – Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes w/optional twist
Art by Miran – Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by! I enjoy all visits and love answering questions, just ask. See you again in the next couple of days. I have all links to my supplies listed after my closing.
Aletha Jane








Some of the following links and/or pictures are online merchants that I am affiliated with. Click on the link or picture and you will be taken to the product listed. All the supplies used I have purchased myself.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at 613 Avenue Create this time.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Aletha! You color choices for this gorgeous stamps are stunning. Beyond beautiful, my dear. Thanks so much for joining our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!