Monday, October 17, 2016

Bright Sketchy Blooms


I know it's not spring or summer, but when I saw this gorgeous stamp at Simon Says Stamps from Stampendous, I knew that my colors were going to bright and springy. I wonder what they would look like with fall colors? I might have to try fall colors the next time I color Sketch Blooms by Stampendous.

Of course, my first step was stamping Sketchy Blooms on blending cardstock and begin coloring with Copics Sketch markers. I do recommend using a cardstock that is made for the blending of Copics or any other alcohol based markers. You will be satisfied in the outcome of your project.


Copics used are:
Reds: R30, 32, 35, 37, 39;
Pinks: RV00, 17, 63, 66, 69;
Blues: B21, 23, 26, 29;
Leaves: YG17, 21, +G28;
Background: BG000, 10, 11.

The next step was trimming the image to a 4.5” square. I added the blue denim cardstock to the front panel of my 4.75” card. I added white fun foam to the image square and offset it so the finished image would show the blue cardstock. I splattered blue glitter marker and finished with 3mm sparkling sequins. I really need to grow my sequin stash. I have fallen in love with them, along with Swarovski crystals.


Sketchy Blooms will enter the following challenges:
Aurora Wings – Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes w/optional twist
Art by Miran – Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by! I enjoy all visits and love answering questions, just ask. See you again in the next couple of days. I have all links to my supplies listed after my closing.
Aletha Jane








Some of the following links and/or pictures are online merchants that I am affiliated with. Click on the link or picture and you will be taken to the product listed. All the supplies used I have purchased myself.


Let's Do Some Shopping!

I have more sales for you today. These you definitely will not want to miss! I keep saying that, don't I? Spellbinders has a BOGO sal...