Friday, March 25, 2011

ALETHA the Fairy of Truth

Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is on it’s way.

Here is a project that I sincerely loved doing. Tracey, owner/artist of The Stamping Boutique, created this illustration. She told me that after she finished it she did not know of a name. Well…she thought of my name “Aletha”! I was overcome with emotion. I have never had my name associated with anything so beautiful other than it’s Greek meaning “truth.” Also, while I was growing up, people (and this includes teachers) could never pronounce it correctly. They would always say “Althea.” I was on the verge of changing my name, but now that I am “all grown up,” I am so glad I didn’t! LOL I am truly honored. Thank you, Tracey, from the bottom of my heart!

On to “Aletha”…
Of course I used my Copics for coloring the image and the flowers. The image was printed out on Cryogen 80#. After coloring the flowers I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist Pearl. The inside was stamped and colored with Copics also. The butterflies are from Frost Creek Charms. I colored them with a black Sharpie. I was surprised they stayed so shiny.


The background on the front and the medallion on the inside were stamped on Neenah Classic 80# Solar White, with Now and Always stamp set from Ippity/Unity (which I sell, just follow the link). I used Versamark, and then embossed with clear embossing powder. After everything cooled, I then sponged Memento Inks in Rhubarb Stalk, Cantaloupe, and Sweet Plum, for the colors. I used the colors that were posted for The Play Date Café #73 challenge. I am too late to enter the challenge, but I wanted you to know where I got my inspiration.



I am also entering this in the Wednesday Sketch Challenge on The Outlawz site. Go check this group out, it is wonderful, very friendly, and there’s a lot happening.

Here’s more details on my little piece of art:
Copics: YR02, 12, 18; E0000, 07, 11; RV93, 99; R20
Inks: Versamark and Memento
Pens: Sharpie in black and white poster paint;
Spicas in Garnet, Pitch Black, Orange;
Gelly Roll in Clear Star and Glitter Orange
Glimmer Mist: Pearl
Other: butterfly charms,
paper flowers from StampingScrapping.com

Other challenges that I have entered:
Flutterby Wednesday – Anything goes but must have a
butterfly, fairy, or angel
CRAFT Challenge 95 – New Baby
Do You Stack Up – Shine On

If you have any questions, please contact me. Have a great weekend!
Aletha

Anything Goes Challenge at TTCRD

It’s that time again at Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) for the next weekly “anything goes” challenge. You will have until M...