Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Geisha and some Gingko

Happy Wednesday everyone! I guess by the time you read this the day is probably almost over. Late post, sorry.

This project was a lot of fun to make. After I decided what DP I wanted to use, I then picked my Copic colors. I was stumped on a layout so I headed over the Splitcoast Stampers and picked out SC#278. This one was perfect because I wanted to keep Chris’s design of Geisha2 square and I also wanted to incorporate Stamp Zia’s gingko leaf stamp. After I colored all of my elements I made them 3D with foam tape. (Photos really do not show that.) The DP is really had to see because it’s covered but it is the actual bottom layer.


Being a part of Chris Stern’s design team has been wonderful. Her designs help me think out of my box and are so inspirational. Please take a few minutes and check out her images.

Also, CS Designs is having it’s first challenge. Check it out here and you really don’t want to miss out on this one! There are so many chances to win!



Challenges I have entered with this project:
Cards and Things Challenge – Color challenge: certainly celery, marina mist, old olive
Craft Your Passion – Anything goes
The Shabby Tea Room – Luck of the Irish (use green)
Splitcoast Stampers - SC278 (see below)


My details for this project:
Stamps: Digi from CS Designs-Geisha2; Gingko stamp for the background from Stamp Zia.
Copics: B 21, 24, 26; YG17, 21, 67; R20; E000, 00.
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Spicas-Olive; Gelly Roll-Clear Star.
DP: Memory Box-Brioche collection.
CS: SU Basic Black.
Splitcoast Stamper: Sketch SC278

Thanks for stopping by! And have a great week!
Aletha

4 comments:

  1. Hi,Aletha !
    Love your Geisha card ! This digital site is really nice ! Hugs,Yone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with C&T ! Your card looks very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful Aletha! I finally am making my way around to visit my pals! You do such wonderful work! I hope you have a wonderful day! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aletha... love this card! I really enjoy your cards. I have been checking in for a while now.... learn so much. I have the opportunity to share the Versatile Blogger award with a few of the sites that I frequent and appreciate. I would like to offer it to you if interested. Just hop over to my site and copy the award for your blog.

    http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    It is nice to have this opportunity to say how much I appreciate your site. Your work is truly beautiful!

    Hugs and Smiles,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!