Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CCCB’s Grand Opening and Challenge No. 1

Welcome to February 2012 and to our first “Official” Grand Opening at The Crafter’s Café’s Challenge Blog (CCCB). CCCB has a brand new design team of 16, and we are so excited to get it off the ground. The Design Team has decided to start with just one challenge a month, and depending on the response, we could go to twice monthly.

We also have some fabulous sponsors lined up. This month’s sponsor is A Day for Daisies (ADFD). Tammy creates some of the most beautiful and whimsical images to help you create your little pieces of art. ADFD’s prize for our Grand Opening is a $12 gift certificate! Go visit Tammy's site and see all of her beautiful illustrations. Just think about the images you could win!

The image that I selected is Tiny Pixie Leaf. She is just darling. I tried to keep things CAS, or as CAS as I could get. I wanted to show off Tammy’s precious image. I ordered some Letraset Aqua Markers and decided that's what I would use for my color. I love them! What I really like is that I have them in a container, by the couch, along with my watercolor journal. They will not be far from my side. My background paper was created using watercolor paper sprayed with PP Mist. After that dried, I then stamped Unity’s Distressed Dots background stamp with DI in Dusty Concord. The ribbon, gems, and flowers are from my stash. I almost forgot, I did add some Crystal Stickles to the flowers for a little more sparkle.

Would you like to have more fun? Take a visit over to The Crafter’s Café site. You would not believe what is going on over there. On February 10, we are having a blog hop, and right after that, on February 11, we are having an all day party.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see your pink, red, and purple creation over at The Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog.
Aletha

Getting Ready for Christmas with Concord & 9th

I bit the bullet and started on Christmas projects. I decided to go with Concord & 9 th ’s September’s release and landed on th...