Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CCCB’s Grand Opening and Challenge No. 1

Welcome to February 2012 and to our first “Official” Grand Opening at The Crafter’s Café’s Challenge Blog (CCCB). CCCB has a brand new design team of 16, and we are so excited to get it off the ground. The Design Team has decided to start with just one challenge a month, and depending on the response, we could go to twice monthly.

We also have some fabulous sponsors lined up. This month’s sponsor is A Day for Daisies (ADFD). Tammy creates some of the most beautiful and whimsical images to help you create your little pieces of art. ADFD’s prize for our Grand Opening is a $12 gift certificate! Go visit Tammy's site and see all of her beautiful illustrations. Just think about the images you could win!

The image that I selected is Tiny Pixie Leaf. She is just darling. I tried to keep things CAS, or as CAS as I could get. I wanted to show off Tammy’s precious image. I ordered some Letraset Aqua Markers and decided that's what I would use for my color. I love them! What I really like is that I have them in a container, by the couch, along with my watercolor journal. They will not be far from my side. My background paper was created using watercolor paper sprayed with PP Mist. After that dried, I then stamped Unity’s Distressed Dots background stamp with DI in Dusty Concord. The ribbon, gems, and flowers are from my stash. I almost forgot, I did add some Crystal Stickles to the flowers for a little more sparkle.

Would you like to have more fun? Take a visit over to The Crafter’s Café site. You would not believe what is going on over there. On February 10, we are having a blog hop, and right after that, on February 11, we are having an all day party.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see your pink, red, and purple creation over at The Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog.
Aletha

8 comments:

  1. Gorgalicious Aletha, love the design and colors!
    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!! You have such an eye for detail!! I know it was hard to get finished but so inspiring!! I''m so excited to be on your team!! Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Althea, this card is absolutely stunning!! Your coloring of this adorable little pixie is out of this world! I love it!!! So honored to be on the team.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aletha,
    Your work just takes my breath away. Maybe one day I can be half as good as you are!!!
    I am so looking forward to working with you.
    Hugs <3,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So excited and glad to get to work with you on this DT!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aletha, I am just in love with your design. Your coloring is wonderful and gives your project such a soft, ethereal look and feel! I know I will learn a lot from you in the coming month! I am delighted to be a member of your team!
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aletha your card is outstanding. The color blending is fabulous along with the paper choice. I am looking foward to be working with you on the DT.
    hugz,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aletha you hit another image out of the ballfield. This little pixie is stunning, so soft. Love your background coloring and the flowers, and the papers and and and :0) - Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!