Friday, March 16, 2012

Welcome to Crafting By Designs Blog Hop!



I hope you all are having fun hopping along and seeing all the wonderful little pieces of art created for Crafting by Designs (CBD) blog hop. If you have come from Rene’s blog, Life in the Craft Lane, you are in the right spot. Do you think you are lost? If you have the sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, then head over to Doris’s blog, Mom’s Been Scrappin’. That’s the very first blog in the hopping lane. You can also visit CBD’s site to see the line up.

We have a package of goodies that one blog hopper could win. What do you have to do? You need to leave a comment with an email address on each blog that you hop too. The winner will be announced on Tuesday after Random.org lets us know who won. Easy peasy. I know that the blog hop participants like followers too.

Along with this CBD Blog Hop, we have a fun challenge for you to enter. The challenge theme is “Wings and/or Blooms.” You are invited to join in with this challenge at the CBD's site. We want to see anything you want to create, but you must have wings or blooms, or both, on your project.

My project is a card using a new {ippity} stamp set “Be Brave, Branch Out.” This time around I colored with my Prismacolor pencils, and not my Copics. I really like the way everything melded together. I usually pick my DP first, and that would dictate my colors, but I colored first and then looked for paper. Turquoise and oranges/reds are becoming one of my favorite color combos.


Supplies used: Color: Prismacolor pencils, Spicas, opaque white pen. Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; DI in Black Soot, Mustard Seed, Spice Marmalade. DP: Crate Paper Farmhouse Collection. CS: SU in Basic Black and Kraft. Dies: Exotic Butterflies Small from Cheery Lynn Designs; Madera Corner from Memory Box; Blossom Four from Spellbinders.

Challenges I am entering:
Crafty Sentiments – Things with Wings
Winged things, Things that Fly, Things in the Air
Craft Room Challenge – Vintage Shabby
Little Darlings Challenges – Colors of Spring

Your next stop on this “Wings and Blooms” blog hop is Tammy Martinez’s blog, Whimsically Me. Thanks so much for stopping by. I look forward to all your comments. Have fun!
Aletha

Getting Ready for Christmas with Concord & 9th

I bit the bullet and started on Christmas projects. I decided to go with Concord & 9 th ’s September’s release and landed on th...