Monday, May 21, 2012

Dream with your heart!



Happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend. It was, and still is, beautiful in Oklahoma. We do need some rain, but this sunshine is wonderful.

To start this blog off I wanted to let you know that Get Hippity with {ippity} Challenge Blog has announced Challenge #21. The theme is “Flowers and a Leaf.” This should be a real easy one for you, but do take note of the quantity of leaves. You do not have to use an {ippity} or Unity stamp, but it is encouraged. Why you ask? Because if you use an {ippity} or Unity stamp, your entry is counted twice. Also, this is our last bi-monthly challenge. In June we are going to a monthly, but you are still going to get the same amount of inspiration from my amazing GHWI Design Team. These ladies are the most awesome when it comes to using {ippity}. Their creativity does shine!

This has nothing to do with our challenge, but I wanted to share a project I completed this weekend. This is a handmade and hand stamped greeting card (of course). The only Copic coloring that I completed is on the background, skin, and flowers. The rest is paper pieced and layered. My DP is from Cosmo Cricket and the CS is from Stampin’ Up! The inks I used were Memento Tuxedo Black and black pigment ink. I also did a little embossing with black embossing powder.
The set, Angie Girl: Dream with your heart, that I used for my little piece of art, was designed by Unity Artist Angie Blom. This set was also one of our April {ippity} releases. If you are interested in purchasing this set, please click here. You will be directed to my {ippity} Sales Blog. You can also purchase it through Unity Co.’s site. Just pick me as your {ippity} Chick and shop for your {ippity}. While you are there, you can shop Unity too. Are you interested in this 5”x7” greeting card? You can purchase that here at my brand new IndieMade site.

Just a few other things…I would like to invite you to join our groups. We have one at The Crafter's Cafe - Get Hippity with Ippity. We have another contest going on over there. Whoever posts the most {ippity} or Unity cards wins a grab bag of stamps. Some of the ladies are really keeping busy and making some beautiful cards. Please come on over and check us out. We also have a group on Facebook for more inspiration.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate asking. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again!
Aletha

Getting Ready for Christmas with Concord & 9th

I bit the bullet and started on Christmas projects. I decided to go with Concord & 9 th ’s September’s release and landed on th...