Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chick Challenges with {ippity}!


It’s Thursday and time for the latest sketch challenge from Chick Challenges with {ippity}. I, a Unity Endorsed {ippity} Chick, am your sponsor for this week. Let’s get started!

This is the beautiful sketch that I chose to challenge you all. The Chick Challenge crew are so talented in creating these various sketches. My hats off to them!

Here is my rendition of this week’s sketch. I did make it square and probably added to many layers, but the “too many layers,” that’s something that I cannot do without. I love layers and contrast, everything seems to pop.

The {ippity} stamp set that I stamped with is “The Simple Things.” For the coloring I used a technique that I have not done in many moons. I colored the butterfly bloom stamp with Memento Markers. After the coloring was complete, I “huffed” on the stamp and stamped on a piece of Cryogen cardstock. I need to try this technique more, good exercise for the lungs. ;o)

Other supplies used are:
CS: SU in Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Kraft
DP: My Mind’s Eye-Stella & Rose collection
Inks: Memento Markers, Forest Moss DI
Embellishments: Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam-Chandelier, pearls from

Challenges that I am entering are:
{ippity} by Unity Monday Linky Party
Jackson’s Digital Expressions – Anything Goes w/optional color twist
Paper Take Weekly – Strawberries and Cream
Stamp N Plus – Anything Goes
Fashionista’s Challenge – Winged Things

A standing invitation goes out to everyone to join a couple of fun groups. The first is at The Crafter’s CaféGet Hippity with {ippity}, and the second is our Facebook group – Get Hippity with {ippity}. Come join us and show us your love of {ippity} and Unity.

Also, check out my Get Hippity with {ippity}/Join the Unity Community (GHWI) Challenge Blog. My very talented and wonderful GHWI Design Team has daily inspiration for you. The current challenge is “Christmas in July with a tag.” Come join in the fun!

Remember you have two ways to get your {ippity} by Unity fix. The first is head over to my {ippity} Sales Blog and go shopping. The second is the Unity Co. website. All you have to do is pick me, Aletha Williams, as your {ippity} chick and go shopping for {ippity}. After you have picked out your {ippity} goodies, go shop for some Unity too. Yep, that’s right, you can shop for both at the same time. Just remember to pick me as your {ippity} Chick.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate contacting me.
Aletha
Unity Endorsed {ippity} Chick

Anything Goes Challenge at TTCRD

It’s that time again at Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) for the next weekly “anything goes” challenge. You will have until M...