Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Witch Tilda at Lady Anne’s

It has been a very long time for me to be able to sit and color just for coloring-sakes. It has also been a very long time since I have colored a Magnolia stamp. Let me tell you this was so relaxing until I came to the actual layout of my finished card.

My little piece of art was created for our very first challenge over at a new forum, Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts. Challenge #1 was to make a card with one layer and one embellishment. This was very hard for me, thank you very much! I love lots of layers with designer papers and cardstocks, but I think that I pulled it off.

The entire card is 90# watercolor paper and has a finished size of 4¼”x5½”. I stamped Witch Tilda with VersaFine Black Onyx and then started water coloring with Distress Inks and Distress Markers. This was my first time using the Distress Markers and I love them! The sentiment “Spooky” is from a Holiday set designed by Cindy Echtinaw, owner of Stamping Scrapping.
Some of the other supplies used are:
Watercolor paper (my stash);
Water brush;
Sponge daubers (love my little daubers);
Black ribbon (my stash);
Distress Inks in Black Soot, Barn Door, Tea Dye,
Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo;
Distress Markers in Aged Mahogany, Black Soot, Tea Dye.

Other challenges that I am entering Witch Tilda are:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog – Let’s not be square,
Party Time Tuesdays – Anything goes,
Twisted Tuesday’s – Anything goes,
Tammy’s Scrapping Corner – Anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by. Contact me if you have any questions.
Aletha

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!