Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Cupcake and A Strawberry

Hello everyone! I made some more time for me just to create and I am loving all the time I am spending in my studio.

This little project was a lot of fun to make. One reason is because I love coloring Delicious Doodles images. The other is Teri, Owner/Artist of Delicious Doodles is also having a Design Team Call. I have been waiting for this moment for a while. I check Delicious Doodles Challenge blog and the Facebook group quite often.

The assignment and challenge that Terri has given the applicants is to use her “cupcake with strawberry” image in a little piece of art. This card is my entry and "Thank You, Teri" for this beautiful cupcake image!
Most of you know that my favorite colors are red and purple. I especially like it when I can use the two colors together, so that’s what I decided to do. This yummy cupcake was colored with Copics, and I did a little accenting with Spica pens and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. The dies are Spellbinder’s Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals. The flourish die is Cheery Lynn’s Designs Mini Flourish One. My cardstock is Stampin’ Up! and the designer paper is Prima Marketing Sweet Fairy collection and My Minds Eye Lime Twist collection.

The sketch is from The Sweet Stop Challenge SSS170. This sketch was perfect to add the layers and contrast that I like in my projects.

The other challenges that I am entering are:
Come and Get It Challenges – Adult Birthday
Corrosive Challenge – Birthday
No Matter Which Challenges – Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts – Cupcakes

I am glad that you stopped by. Contact me if you have any questions. Have a great and creative week!
Aletha

Anything Goes Challenge at TTCRD

It’s that time again at Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) for the next weekly “anything goes” challenge. You will have until M...