Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Butterfly Bliss with StampingScrapping


Good afternoon everyone! This will be my first post as a new Design Team Member over at StampingScrapping Techniques & Tutorials, a paid-access site. Each designer has the responsibility to post one tutorial per month. For my first tutorial, that you can see ONLY on StampingScrapping Techniques & Tutorials, is one of my favorite techniques, Paper Batiking. If you like to make your own background papers, this is the one for you. It’s very simple and easy!


My sample below shows the paper batiking technique in the background.

Let’s talk about my central image. My central image is rubber stamping and die cutting. First I used some 90# watercolor paper and spread Distress Stain in Spiced Marmalade all over my paper, and then dried the stain with my heat gun. If you want a lighter color of stain, sprits some water over the stain. If you like a more pronounced color, use the stain as is. I decided that I wanted mine as is. The color reminded me of Monarch butterflies. They have just started migrating South and I am seeing more of them each day.


After the paper was dry, I stamped Cindy Echtinaw’s circle border from her stamp set Fancy Numbers with a waterproof dye ink. I then proceeded with all my die cuts. The circle border was cut with Spellbinder’s Standard Circles. Now I am ready for the butterfly die cut. The butterfly die cut are two dies from Spellbinder’s Grand Wonderful Wings collection. The bottom one is solid and was cut on black cardstock. The die cut with all the holes was cut on more watercolor paper stained with the Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain.

That’s it for today. I hope that you join our paid-access site, StampingScrapping Techniques & Tutorials. You will not be sorry. With your membership, you get special discounts to StampingScrapping, tutorials and videos, a live tutorial every Sunday, and so much more. Membership is well worth your investment in time and money!


Thanks for stopping by! Contact me if you have any questions.
Aletha

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love it!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aleta, Awesome paper batiking technique work! This is very striking I too just love monarchs! Brilliant job my hero!
    Peace,
    Krisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card- love the great color and the fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always!!! Your art always inspires me to step outside my little box of stamp and cut. I just wish I could find time to do it. I know that time will come some day and that you will be there to help me learn!!

    Congrats on your new DT position!! You will do a wonderful job as you always do my dear friend!

    Hugs!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is BEAUTIFUL and I am in awe at your talent time and time again...
    Thanks for being on my team and my friend...
    Hugs
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!