Friday, October 19, 2012

The Countess at RSD


Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to our 2nd challenge at Sparkle & Glitter, a Rick St. Dennis (RSD) Challenge Blog. We have another fun one for you. Because this is October (and almost time for one of my favorite holidays) our theme is “Sweet or Spooky Halloween.” Your deadline is November 1, at 7 p.m. PST. Plenty of time for you to create whatever your heart desires. We accept all kinds of art as long as you stick with the theme.

For my project I decided to use an over-sized tag that I had in my stash. The background is completed with a color technique that I accomplished using paints and inks. There is a photo tutorial that I created over at the paid-access site, StampingScrapping Techniques & Tutorials. I hope you all join us. This site is well worth the cost and your time.

I have completed my project with Rick’s unique digi, The Countess. She was screaming at me to put her on a tag. This is not something I would usually do, but I am really enjoying the creation part of these tags. You can find this image and more Halloween images at Rick's Etsy shop.

I have colored her with Copics (Cs & Ws) and then tweaked her hair with a white colored pencil. The dies are Spellbinders Spider web and Cheery Lynn’s Designs Lace Corners.


The roses are from my stash. Did you see the tiny dragonflies caught in The Countess’s web? Those are from Frost Creek Charms, where I purchase the majority of my favorite charms.


Did you know that we, at RSD, have several online groups. We have one on Facebook, Rick St. Dennis Digi Fans and Friends. One other is at Paper Craft Planet, Rick St. Dennis and Friends. We would love it if you stopped by whichever group you want, and show us your little pieces of art featuring Rick’s eclectic range of digi styles.

The Countess is on her way for a visit at:
Inky Impressions - Anything But a Card
The Paper Shelter - Use a Charm
LEJ Designs - Goth/Dark
Art with No Boundries - October/Halloween (this is my second entry)
Cupcake Crafts - Two of something (dragonfly charms)
Fashionista Challenge - Anything Goes

Get in the Halloween mood and join us for our 2nd Challenge at RSD’s Sparkle & Glitter blog. You have finished here, now head over there and check out all the other little pieces of art created by Rick’s Elite Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great and creative weekend!
Aletha Jane

Anything Goes Challenge at TTCRD

It’s that time again at Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) for the next weekly “anything goes” challenge. You will have until M...