Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Glimpse of Halloween


Happy Saturday to all my favorite people. I have a Halloween treat for you today! There’s really several Halloween treats for you at the Sparkle & Glitter Design Team blog (SNG). I hope you check it out.

I would like to introduce you to Bear Dracula, designed by Rick St. Dennis MFA. Isn’t he the cutest Dracula you have ever seen? He is available at I Brake for Stamps in a full sheet of the cutest bear rubber stamps that you will ever own. I am a little biased on the cuteness. All of Rick’s images make you want to grab them and color. I am sure that you have other teddy bear stamps, but I loved coloring this little dude with my Copics.

Copics used:
Bear: E21, 23, 25, 29
Cape: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Vest: YR00, 12, 15, 18
Shirt: V000, 09, 12, 15, 17, and
YG21, 23, 25, 67
Background: W0, 1, 2, 4

I printed Bear Dracula twice, colored one, and used the other one for a backdrop. The backdrop was die cut with Spellbinder's large circle die, and used Copics for the shadowing. After the Copics, I distress the edges with Gathered Twigs DI. This backdrop was then mounted on Spellbinder’s Scallop die-cuts in Stampin' Up!’s Really Rust and True Thyme cardstock. After finishing with the coloring on the main image, I fussy cut Bear Dracula and mounted him onto the backdrop. 



Now it’s time to assemble the card. The designer paper is from my stash. I trimmed everything to size, added some copper skeleton leaves and bat cutouts from Alpha Stamps. I need to order some more bats, I love them. Those bats were embellished with Smooch Glitz.


Dracula the Bear will be intering the following challenges:
Just Add Ink - Just add coloring
QKR Stampede - Kick up your heals

That’s it for today. Now, hop on over to the SNG blog and check out the other team members awesome little pieces of art.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!