Sunday, November 10, 2013

We are Blinging It Up at Lacy Sunshine


We have a new challenge for you this wonderful Sunday at Lacy Sunshine (LS). For this challenge we want to see you “Bling it Up!” How fun is that?  If you used a Lacy Sunshine image last time, you qualify for the “Loyalty Program” and receive the digi that she has listed in this current challenge blog.  If you would like to start the “loyalty program”, use an LS image in this challenge or purchase the challenge digi for the discounted price of only $2. Just go to the Lacy Sunshine Store and you will see the image on the main page.


For my “Bling It Up” project I created an art card with Little Peanut. She is a new one from Heather’s line of Sticky Wings images. They are so adorable and so fun to color. I do like to color! I colored her with Copics and added some Clear Starz Gelly Roll Pen to her wings for my first bling. I then layered her on Stampin’ Up!’s Peach Parfait and Always Artichoke. My designer paper is from the New Leaf Collection from Paper Creations. This paper is my second bling with all its glitter.

Copics used for Little Peanut:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, R02
Hair: E21, 25, 27, 29
Overalls & Eyes: YG91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Bows, Wings, Shirt, & Socks: BG90, 93, 96, 99, and
YR01, 12, 16, 18
Shoes: BGF90, 93, 96, 99, and
E42, 43, 44, 47, 49

I am having so much fun making these little flowers for my projects. The little ones are from Petaloo, but the bigger ones are from Memory Boxes Fabulous Phlox. I die cut them in SU’s Peach Parfait and the center  and tiny leaves are cut with SU’s Always Artichoke. Before assembling the flower cuts I distressed the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.


The background round die is from Spellbinder’s, but I do not have it labeled, so I have no idea the name. That was die cut in Always Artichoke. The other fun leaves are two dies from JoAnna Sheen. I would love to have more of her dies, but I would like a US vendor. If anyone knows of a US vendor, please leave me a comment. All the leaves were smudged with Gathered Twigs DI also. Everything is now assembled and for some extra bling I added orange crystals to the flowers, and all eight corners.


After you have entered our Lacy Sunshine’s “Bling it Up” challenge, please stop by our Lacy Sunshine Facebook group and share your little piece of art with us all. I also wanted to mention that Heather has opened up a Lacy Sunshine Etsy store, so now you have two online places to purchase your favorite Lacy Sunshine images. Do you still like the feeling of actual stamping? I know that I do. Well, Heather has remedied that. Some of her amazing images are now going to be in photopolymer clear stamps. Check out the ones that are now for pre-order here.

Little Peanut will be entered in the following challenges:
Through the Craftroom Door – Anything Goes
Brown Sugar – Anything Goes
Digi Haven – Fall

That’s it for today and thanks for stopping by. Little Peanuts will be available in my Zibbet shop soon. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate asking.
Aletha Jane

8 comments:

  1. Yes, my dear, you certainly do like to color and your work is some of the best out there, for sure! Combine that with your fabulous eye for design and you have another masterpiece like this one. Gorgeous, gorgeous work, Aletha! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing, Aletha! What coloring talent you have! those flowers you made are wonderful wonderful! Love them. Love it all! I so look forward to seeing your work! hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I like the adorable image, Thank you for joining in with us at Digi Haven challenge, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and lovely! Thanks for joining at Digi Haven: Fall
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and just perfect for Fall! Love your beautiful coloring too.
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card...and your colouring is simply amazing. I just love the colours, the flowers...sheesh...everything about this wonderful card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Brown Sugar this week.
    Lynn, DT BSCB
    http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aletha,you produce the most amazing work! Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Aletha I would give anything to be able to color like you do. I have just started collecting and using copics and your coloring with them is amazing. I have started writing down your combo for the hair I guess I need a snapshot to see it instead of trying to remember how you do it. Thanks for sharing your special talent.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!