Monday, December 2, 2013

I Brake for a Southwest Scene


Happy Monday and I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. My family and I certainly did. Now we are getting revved up for Christmas.

But, for this week, I veered off course. I decided on doing a Southwest style card using I Brake for Stamps (IBFS) Maiden with Dove rubber stamp. I love this image and the size is just perfect for my coloring mediums.


I embossed the image with black pigment ink and clear embossing powder. Now the fun starts. Not my usual Copics coloring but with Twinkling H2Os. My tans and browns are from instant coffee. Yes, you heard right, instant coffee. I love the texture that it leaves. You do need to make if very strong and always use watercolor paper too. Some of the darker areas were achieved by very little water and a lot of coffee, not a sludge texture, but definitely thick. I did test on a scrap piece of paper to see just how strong the color would be. You can also add some water to the image before painting with the coffee. That gives it that watercolor feel, which is what you are really doing with coffee and not paints.




I did some fussy cutting and mounted her on Stampin’ Up!’s copper cardstock and mounted that on a piece of natural paper that was embossed with gold pigment ink and clear embossing powder. The last two layers are a coffee filter that I wrinkled and used Vintage Photo distress ink and water on the wrinkles. I ironed that flat for drying and mounted on some scrap cardstock. That was mounted on more copper cardstock and then mounted on the card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you hop on over to the IBFS blog every day for more IBFS inspiration. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!