Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Showcase at Aurora Wings


Hi to all. It’s been a while for me to even be online much. I had a two week holiday in Houston with my son and grandson while my beautiful daughter-in-law was in Europe. I had an amazing time. Unfortunately, the week after I got back I contracted bronchitis. This is not an infection good for anyone, but especially a person that is on oxygen 24/7. I am on the mend, but very slowly. After the injection of antibiotics and my daily doses of antibiotics I should be up and about in a week. Unfortunatly my cough could last 3-4 more weeks. So much fun, especially in the middle of night.

Anyway, some of the designers at Aurora Wings had the honor of creating projects with Mitzi’s beautiful Marie Antoinette. See what I mean when I say beautiful?


Marie Antoinette was colored with Copics and layered on several Stampin’ Up!’s cardstock in Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, and Rich Razelberry.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair: E25, 28, 30, 31
Feathers: V15, R21, BG72, and Blender
Icing and Ribbon: BV00, 02, 04, 08
Parts of Dress, Chocker, and Roses:
R20, 21, 22, 24, 29, 89
Cupcake cups and Butterflies:
BG70, 72, 75, 78
Leaves: G40, 85, 94, 99
Beads, Ribbon, Broches, Lace, and Parts of Sleeves:
V01, 09, 12, 15, 17


Before I could complete my project I need to get my substrate ready for Marie. My canvas is an 8”x10” stretched canvas. I applied DecoArt’s White Acrylic Gesso. I applied a paper napkin with DecoArt’s Deco-page, and sealed with the same. After drying, I applied several stains using DecoArt’s Antiquing Medium mixed with Americana Acrylic Paints in Terra Coral and Sable Brown. DecorArt’s Antiquing Medium is wonderful. You mix 1:1 and it stays the same consistancy as acrylic paint. As with stains, I wipped down areas with a baby wipe. After all was dry I placed some of the Dimensional Effects sparingly, but I think I covered up the texture it made.

In this picture you can see the layers of paper napkins. Some of the word “Paris” is present.

With everything dry, I tried some splatters with DecoArt’s Glamour Dust Paint in Black Ice. When that was dry, I proceeded to paint the edges with Americana Deep Burgundy. I added some cotton tatting that I painted with the Glamour Dust Black Ice and added that to the edges. My canvas metal corners were also painted with the Glamour Dust Paint.

The canvas is ready for Marie, but I must find some bling. My bling is large piece of accent bling from Flying Unicorn that I cut down for the top, botton, and sides for Marie’s image.

The final piece. I hope you like her. She was a lot of fun to create with, as is all of Mitzi’s images.

I hope that you hop over to our Stamps by Aurora Wings Facebook group. There are continuous contest going on. We also have an Aurora Wings Challenge Blog. Please come for a visit and share your little pieces of art with Mitzi’s images.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
AJ’s Design Artz
Aurora Wings Designer

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!