Saturday, November 1, 2014

RSD November Progressive Challenge

Happy November 1, 2014! We now have one month and 25 days until Christmas. I am definitely not ready. I hope that I can at least get the shopping done.

It is now time for our Rick St. Dennis MFA November Progressive Challenge. I know I am, and Rick and the rest of his Elite Design Team are, thrilled that this new adventure has been a success.


Unfortunately I was unable to create a project due to a medical emergency. My medical crisis happened during a lung needle biopsy. My lung collapsed and I had to stay in the hospital for three days, but all is well now, except for the command of no lifting or bending. I see my pulmonologist on Nov. 3 with the results of the biopsy and hopefully he will tell me that I can at least lift and bend. I will let everyone know the diagnosis in my next blog. I have been able to get some coloring completed though. Coloring has given me some of my sanity back. ;o)

Rick designed a very special image for me during this health trial. His gift really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I would like to introduce you to “Oklahoma.” This image, now one more added to his ever growing “hat ladies” series, can be found in his Etsy shop with instant download.

I decided to do a little research on “Oklahoma” bonnets because I had no idea if they were even made in colors “way back then.” I really did'nt get much of an answer until I made another search on “Western” bonnets. That time I was answered. I know, I know, western and Oklahoma are synonymous, duh.  They were created in a variety of colors, plus a lot with gingham. Off I went with my Copics. Rick’s facial expressions on his drawings always shows a variety of emotions. His hair styles are always fun to color.  “Oklahoma” has very curly hair, like mine. Did you know that he was a theatrical designer at one time during his artistic career? Check out his biography.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair: E11, 13, 15, 18
Bonnet: B32, 34, 37, 39
Ribbon and Bow: RV91, 93, 95, 99
Flowers: R83, 85, 59, 56, and
R21, 22, 29, and YR23
Leave and Eyes: G40, 82, 94, 99
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, and RV91

Now for a little business. We would love it if you would join our Rick St. Dennis MFA Fans and Friends Facebook group. We are near 1,000 members and I know that you would enjoy the company. On Monday, Nov. 3, our RSD Art Contest will begin again in our Facebook group. This is “anything goes,” but you must use an RSD image. The prize is one digi of your choice from Rick’s Zibbet store.

Thanks for stopping by. Please stop by our Sparkle and Glitter blog and check out the other amazing creations made by Rick’s designers.
Aletha Jane
AJ’s Design Artz
RSD Elite Design Team

1 comment:

  1. Your Oklahoma hat lady is just fabulous. Love the colouring.

    Take care of yourself - no lifting sounds like the perfect excuse to sit and colour :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!