Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Valentine’s RSD Showcase


I am just a little late in posting my Valentine’s project for our first Rick St. Dennis MFA Showcase for 2015. We now have a quiet house (several hours earlier than I thought) with just hubby and me. He is taking down our outside Christmas décor and has brought up, from our basement, the tubs for me to begin with the inside décor. This afternoon is me time, so the décor can wait a little while longer. I’ve had the house is Christmas mode beginning mid-December. I think it can wait a little longer.

Once a month, Rick’s Elite Design Team (EDT) showcases some of Rick’s images. He picks a theme, we pick the image, and there are no duplications in the images that the EDT creates with. Rick’s theme for the January 2015 Showcase is “non-traditional Valentine’s colors, no reds, pinks, or purples.”

My showcase this month is a 4”x8” tag (I think it’s a #8 tag) with the lovely and quirky Valentine girl “Flirty Flora.” Flirty Flora can be found in Rick’s Zibbet or Etsy shop.  

The very first thing that I always do is color my image with Copics. I know this is dangerous, but an image will tell me what colors to use. If I am going to make a project, I hope and pray that I have designer papers to match. With my hoard (as my husband calls all of my art supplies) of paper and cardstock, I usually find something.

Copics and pens used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: Y35, 38, YR04, 09;
Hearts, Shoes, Jewelry: YR01, 02, 04, 08;
Dress: B01, 02, 04, 05, 06, 18;
Cancan: C0, 2, 4;
White gel pen;
Gelly Roll Orange Glitter pen;
Zig Wink of Stella Brush Glitter Silver.




Steps for this fun art tag:
  • Covered tag with Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ) Journey Basics;
  • Added border with black Sharpie ultra-fine;
  • Stamped FSJ Ink Splat stamp with FSJ Black Licorice ink;
  • Added part of a rub on “My Life isn’t perfect but” at the top of tag;
  • Punched FSJ Huckleberry Fusion cardstock with SU heart punch;
  • Distressed doily with FSJ Huckleberry Fusion ink;
  • Die cut the blue heart with Spellbinder’s Classic Scalloped Hearts;
  • Arranged the above elements on the tag;
  • The sentiment was computer generated; each word was cut out, and then distressed the edges with FSJ Huckleberry Fusion ink;
  • Glued the sentiment with FSJ Journey Glaze (In fact, all elements were adhered with Journey Glaze.);
  • Outlined the edges of the blue hearts with a white gel pen;
  • The last elements added were the feathers and crystals.


There are a few events you might want to catch so you can play with Rick’s amazing images. Taking place right now is our “Progressive Challenge.” Click here for more information.

Every week on Rick’s blog there is a “Pick of the Week” contest. Rick’s EDT picks out fantastic projects created by other designers using Rick’s images. After those are chosen, you, the fans, get the final vote. This is a lot of fun and there are wonderful prizes too. If you have used an RSD image in a project, come show us in our Facebook group and your’s may be picked.

Our first 2015 RSD Facebook group Art Contest has already started. Check out the events section in the group. These contests run for two weeks. Random.org chooses the winner and the prize is one digital image from Rick’s Zibbet store.

One more thing…please take a jump over to our Sparkle and Glitter blog and Airless Chambers blog. Check out what the other EDT has created with our theme this month.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again! If you have any questions, contact me.
Aletha Jane

1 comment:

  1. My gosh you are talented, love the coloring and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!