Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Happy Birthday Rose

Yippee!!! This is my fifth post for September.


I have had this one completed for a while now, so it was high time that I posted. This project was the first time I watercolored with Distress Inks. I am now in love with the medium!

The white embossing and finishing with watercolors are a lot of fun. I first saw this via a few YouTube channels. Those channels are Jennifer McGuire Ink and The Gard Grotto. Both these ladies show their very artistic style in their videos. I am sure they would both love if you subscribed. You will not regret it.


On to my birthday card…I first stamped on watercolor paper with Versa Mark and embossed in white. After that cooled, I completed the watercoloring with Distress Inks. I used the mini Distress Inks, which are the perfect size.  After the drying I stamped the greeting with Archival ink and trimmed the main panel. I sponged ink around the edges for a finished look, added blue cardstock to the front of the card, glued the main panel with fun foam for dimension, attached that to the front of the card, and added sequins and Wink of Stella for the finished touches.


The list of supplies with links are:
Watercolor stock: Ranger
Embossing ink: Versamark and WOW White
Distress inks: Rose: Spun Sugar, Bard Door, Aged Mahogany,
Dusty Concord; Leaves: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint,
Forest Moss; Background: Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire
Cardstock: Fun Stampers Journey Huckleberry Fusion
Other:
White Fun Foam for dimension
(This also helps keep the card safe during shipping.)

A Happy Birthday Rose will be entered in:
Sunny Things Crafting – Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes

So glad you all dropped by! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

4 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis
    P.S. We have a new challenge blog starting Monday, Oct 3rd! I'd love you to swing by and become a Follower and link up with our challenges! http://themerrychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring! I love the variations you've achieved on the petals. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges. Janelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! All the techniques you used look amazing! Great job! Thanks for linking up with us over at Sunny Day Crafting :)

    Jenny ~ Sunny Day DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!