Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Grateful Heart

The weather is wonderful here in Tulsa, OK. The Redbuds and Dogwoods have bloomed, along with all the Daffodils and Tulips. The Azaleas are now in bloom. And our grass has already been mowed. I am so glad that winter has left our state. And, hello Tornado season. Hey, I am not complaining. That’s what happens in Oklahoma. If Mother Nature decided to make it snow on Mother’s Day, I would not be surprised. I say that because on the first day of spring we received 6-8” of snow!

Anyway…my little piece of art was so much fun. I am so loving these Copics. I thought that watercolor would be my favorite medium for the rest of my life, but I feel that the Copics are taking over. What I want to do next is combine the Twinks and Copics together. And maybe add Zana Clark’s Color Wash Jewels for some background work; what if…


The background on this card is from Technique Junkies Newsletter. I have used the two techniques "Glimmer Mist Watercolors" for the background base and "Wisped Frames" for the sentiment. If you have not subscribed to the bi-monthly newsletter you can do so here. You are really missing out on some fun.

The image that I used is from Sweet Pea Stamps and the title is Nostalgia, from Sheet #8, plate #30. (Did you know that I have every one of ching-chou kuik’s fantasy art stamps and this is the first one I have inked? Shame on me!) I am posting this for a challenge with the Sweet Pea Stampers, All that glistens is gold!, but I am sooooo late.


For the time being, I will probably be late for a lot of the challenges. I am going to post anyway. I really don’t care if I am late, because creating is my sanity. The reason for this lateness is I am trying to figure out how to schedule my day for creativity. I have finally started pulmonary rehab for my COPD w/emphysema. This takes me away from the house for three days a week for two hours each time. In the mornings I try to get done what housework I am capable of doing. After rehab I am wiped out. I also have to get on the treadmill and do exercises at home on the days that I do not have rehab. I am really not complaining. I am walking for 30 minutes at 1.8 mph and I can leave off my oxygen up to 1.5 hours. I am progressing very well. This old woman still has what it takes! I guess I am asking that all these “blog challengers” have some patience with me and that I do not expect any kind of recognition. I got something finished! That is all the recognition I need.

Back to business…the supplies I used for this card are:
Cardstock: 80# gold cover, 80# Neenah solar white cover;
Inks: Distress in dusty concord, Memento in rich cocoa, tuxedo black;
Paints: Shimmerz in angel wings, Glimmer Mists in gold, bronze, burnt red, juniper,
Spellbinders Lotus Pendant Shapeabilities, Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities;
Sentiment stamp from Flourishes Poppy Patch Set #35;
Border stamp from Paper Wishes;
Spica pens: chocolate, black, gold, turquoise;
Gelly Roll pen: clear star; and
White gel pen.


The Copics are:
Skin: BG 10 & 72
Eyes & lips: RV 99
Tail scales: BG 10 & 18
Tail: RV 91, 93, & 99
Hair: BG 10, 72, & 75, and RV 93
Clothes: BG 000, 07, & 18, and BV 04
Sky: Y 0000 & 21, and BV 000
Background: BG 000, 07, & 18, and BV 04

I definitely wrote this longer than I wanted, but I hope you enjoyed it. Maybe next time it won’t take me a month to post something. But, I can’t promise that I won’t be as wordy. If you have any questions, please email me at ajsdesigns@cox.net.

Have a great week and weekend!

Aletha

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!! I haven't inked up the Sweet Peas I have and now I may have to get this one that you did - she's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done. I love these Sweet Pea stamps. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love it and think it looks perfect! The only downside I see is that now I have to go buy a new stamp! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is gorgeous! I love the stamp you used for your borders as well. Such a wonderful creation! BTW- I LOVE the wordiness- don't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aletha this is so stunning I adore that you chose to go with non traditional skin colour it looks so magical. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Aletha what a gorgeous card,love it all, you must ink up some more of your Sweetpeas and make some more fab creations.Thankyou for the lovely comment you left on my blog.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card
    love the image
    nicely colored

    karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Aletha this is a gorgeous card! I just love the Sweet peas and you made it rock! I love the color choices! This is a real piece of art! Great Job!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your art work and the coloring is fabulous. I also love Sweet Pea stamps and Magnolias although I , like you, tend to be more arty in my work. You give me inspiration to get my Sweet Peas inked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Aletha. You and Copics are a winning combination!
    Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous! I love the quote!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, this is fabulous. I love her skin color...it's my favorite! Your coloring totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!