Monday, October 21, 2013

I Brake for a Randi Dandi Christmas


I have a little Christmas inspiration for you today, or I hope that I can inspire you. It seems like all I have been doing is creating for Halloween, so I thought that I would try, once again, to get in the mood for Christmas crafts.

Today I created my second Christmas card using Rick St.Dennis’s Minty Miranda from his Christmas Randi Dandi collection at I Brake for Stamps (IBFS). The Minty Miranda that I used is in the digital format. You can also get her in rubber as a single, or as a group of four rubber stamps.


I colored Minty Miranda with Copics and added some #9 clear Swarovski crystals to her earrings and necklace. The designer papers I found, Countdownto Christmas collection from Bazzill, were the perfect colors. My cardstock was a very easy choice too, Stampin’ Up!’s cherry cobbler and old olive.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 11, R20
Greens: Yg61, 63, 67
Reds: R21, 24, 27, 89
Background: YG61, G63, W0, 1, 2, 4

All of my embellishments fell into place. The corner chipboard pieces I just received a couple of weeks ago. They are “Fancy CornersSmall” by Petaloo. I had a happy accident in the red color for those corners. I first sprayed with Cherry Pie Dylusions, and while it was still wet, pounced on some lipstick red acrylic paint. Like I said, happy mistake, but I do need to remember the formula. My other embellishments are Spellbinder’s Frosty Forms die cuts in the cherry cobbler cardstock.


Please head over to our IBFS blog for your everyday inspiration fix. If you want to stay up on all the happenings at IBFS, hop over to our IBFS Facebook page and give us a “like.” We do appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

1 comment:

  1. Aletha,this card is gorgeoussssss, love the candy canes in her hair do, the layout is fabulous and colored to perfection...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!