Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Gotta Love, Love, Love Tilda


Yes, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. I know that I am late with this posting, but I wanted to show you this cute card that I finished last week as part of the StampingScrapping design team.

Meet “Love, Love, Love Tilda.” It has been a really long time that I did something just for the cuteness of it. That’s how I feel about the Magnolia stamps; they are just all so darn cute. In fact, I create a card for my Mother on her birthday every year. And each card has to be a Tilda. She adores them.



I colored Tilda with my Copics and added a little glitz with Spica pens. The cardstock is Stampin’ Up!’s Bravo Burgundy and Pretty in Pink. My designer paper is Trimcraft’s Rose Garden. This collection of papers is beautiful. I have used in many times in the last month. Tilda is cut with a circledie cut and then I added Memento Rhubarb Stalk to the edges.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20
Hair: E33, 35, 37, 49, 59
Dress & Shoes: R81, 83, 85, 89
Dress ruffle: C00, 3
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, RV91

My die cuts were from Spellbinder’s Large Classic Circles and Butterfly Circles. See those little butterflies in the corners? Those are the waste from the Butterfly Circles. I need to keep that in mind when I am looking for very small butterflies.




The roses are from my stash. The LOVE wood veneer sentiment was altered using some gesso. I let that dry and then sprayed with Cranberry Adirondack Color Wash. Before the color wash could dry I wiped it down with a paper towel. The final embellishments are tiny pearls that were made with Petal Pink Liquid Pearls. The more I use the Liquid Pearls the more I am enjoying them. I will never want for a certain color in flat-backed pearls. You can even paint with them.

Love Tilda will be entered in the following challenges:
City Crafter Challenge – Project with the word “Love”
Magnolida Down Under – Hearts and Flowers
Through the Craftroom Door – Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations – Anything Goes/Valentine’s Day
Fashionista Challenge – Shabby Chic

That’s it for today. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!