Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Variations Week with Posy at Sweet Pea Stamps


Hi all! This week is Variations Week at Sweet Pea Stamps. The wonderful image that was picked for us is Posy by Norma J. Burnell. I fell in love with Ms. Burnell’s “fairies tangles” a while back. When I found out that Lynette was going to carry the stamps, I went to town. Now you can also get them in digital format too. For my project I used the digital format.



Posy was a joy to work with. She did not need too many embellishments, but just enough so that you do not lose sight of Posy. I colored her with Copics and did some glitter accenting with a gel pen.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair: E25, 29, 31, 50
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, and V01
Flowers & Tangles
BV01, 02, 04, 08
V01, 06, 09, 20
R20, 22, 27, 89

I trimmed Posey and layered her on Stampin’ Up!’s Rose Red and Basic Black cardstock. The designer paper is from my stash. Posy’s trimming was done with Spellbinder’s Card Creator in sets Basic A and B. A few of the last embellishments are Spellbinder’s Die D-Lites Floral Corner One and some flat-backed pearls from my stash. I hope you like her.



If you haven’t joined us at One Sweet Challenge, I hope you do. Our June challenge is “Hit the Beach.” We also have a little “art contest” going on in our Sweet Pea Stamps Facebook group. That theme is “anything goes,” and you MUST use a Sweet Pea image.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!