Friday, February 6, 2015

New Release Day at Aurora Wings


I hope that you all have had a great week. Today the Aurora Wings Showcase Designers were given a new Aurora Wings digital image to play with. I must say this one is just gorgeous and it was a hard decision as to what to make.


I decided on an 8”x10” mixed-media canvas, but first I needed to get this new release colored. I would like to introduce you to Moon Goddess. Isn’t she a beauty? You can also purchase Moon Goddess at Mitzi’s Aurora Wings web site. I took a look at Mitzi’s original watercolor and decided that I wanted to use some of her colors, but with Copics. I also added a few highlights and more shadows with Prismacolor Pencils. I have highlighted Moon Goddess’s jewels and pearls with Twinkling H2Os

Copics, Pencils, Twinkling H2Os used:
Skin:  E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: BG-1, B00, 14, 45, V01, 12, 15, 17,
Pencils in black cheery, puma violet, china blue, indigo blue;
Flowers: BG01, B00, 14, 45, BV000, 00, 02, 08, 13, 25, 29;
Dress, Eyes, Lips: BV000, 00, 02, 08, 13, 25, 29;
Background: V01, 12;
Twinks in Iridescent Gold, Heavenly White.


The steps that I took are:
  1. Add DecoArt’s Decou-Page on canvas, apply decorator napkin, and add another layers of Decou-Page.
  2. Cover this with DecoArt’s Acrylic Gesso and wipe some off with baby wipe.
  3. Add flowers, chipboard accents of your choice.
  4. Cover everything with gesso. This step may take several layers.
  5. Now you can add the acrylic paints to everything that you want.
  6. My last layers were Lindy’s Stamp Gang Stardust sprays in Afternoon Delight Denim, Magnolia Magenta Gold, and Love at First Sight Lavender.


This photo shows the glitter paint and sprays.


The finished mixed-media canvas.



Product listing and their links:
DecoArt’s American Pearlizing Medium
DecoArt’s Media Fluid Acrylics in Prussian Blue Hue, Titanium White, Quinacridone Violet, Dioxazine Purple.
DecoArt’s Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint in Ice Crystal.
Fun Stampers Journey Cardstock in Lavender Fusion and Deep Lilac.
Stampin’ Up cardstock in Night of Navy.
Spellbinder’s Grand Rectangles Nestabilities.
Flowers are from StampinScrapping, KaiserCraft, Prima, Petaloo, etc.


I wanted to announce that at Aurora Wings Facebook group, Feb. 13, 14, and 15, we are having a 2,000 Member Celebration. There’s going to be games, giveaways, and just a lot of good ‘ol celebrating. Mark your calendars.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that I didn’t leave any of you with questions, but if I did, please contact me. Make sure you hop over to the Aurora Wings Showcase Blog to see all the other talented designers’ work. Until next time, have a wonderful and creative weekend.
Aletha Jane

8 comments:

  1. Aletha, this canvas creation is simply amazing! Classic rich jeweltones that I've come to associate with your lovely work. *happy sigh* The coloring on the image is gorgeous, and the work you did on the canvas support is fantastic - thank you for all the detailed info, too. This was so fun and inspirational to read through. Thank you so much for creating such a gorgeous sample for this new release.

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is my favorite color! Sooo absolutely love this entire project! The gorgeous purple shades of the Goddess and all the additions on canvas and really everything! :) ♡ Stunning job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors and textures are amazing, Aletha! What fabulous framing for your wonderfully colored image. Stunning work and truly magical! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is awesome! Love how you have showcased this gorgeous image. My favourite colours too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and in my favorite colors. So elegant and lush. I love it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. No word other than, Wow!! You showcased this image to perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous! I love this new image and can't wait to play with it. Your project is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!