Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Victorian Christmas Rose



Happy Sunday everyone! I have had a great week. I have done some soul searching and have come up with a plan for my life. And this past week has proven to me that when I get focused, have my “To Do” list handy (a realistic list, LOL), I can accomplish many things. This year has been a very stressful year for both my husband and me. But we both have come to realize that we are not SUPER HUMANS. Although we are very good multi-taskers and we will probably continue in that life style, but we are learning to say NO. We are both approaching 60, we need to slow down, enjoy our lives, exercise daily, and create all that we can (he’s a writer/editor).

This past week and a half I have been able to create three projects, get two listed on Etsy, and blog about two of those projects. This blog will be the second project. That’s one of my goals, to at least create two-three projects a week, list on Etsy, and blog. I also walk a mile a day and exercise with weights. I am also on The Stamping Boutique’s DT and I have applied for several others for 2011. Then comes chores and family (except family will probably pop in whenever they want, LOL a lot). That’s okay! We both have come to realize that family and friends are too precious to waste. Life is so short!

On to the project…

I have created another Gilli and have entered her in the challenge over at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.  If you ever need inspiration for layouts, this is a great place to go. I save all the sketches and when my mojo flies away, I go to that folder and start looking.



This particular Gilli is the Victorian Gilli created by the talented artist Anary Atelie and purchased at StampingScrapping


These are the Copics I used.


The Designer Papers I used are from Memory Box’s Mistletoe and Spiceberry collections. I have also used SU’s CS in Real Red, Cryogen, and Neenah Classic White. The roses I sprayed with Glimmer Mists in Burnt Red and Black Cherry. I used a Martha Stewart leaf punch for the leaves and spayed with Lily Pad Glimmer Mist. I also used a Holly Ribbons Cuttlebug embossing folder for the middle real red panel on the front of the card. I know that I am leaving something out. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate contacting me at ajsdesigns@cox.net.


And if you would like to purchase this for yourself or as a gift, you can find it in my Etsy Studio

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!



Aletha Jane

7 comments:

  1. Alethat this is just too darn cute. What a beautifully colored image. I really love your pretty leaves too. What an adorable creation just oozing with sweetness. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aletha, these are just SO cute!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aletha, I am so happy to hear of your new goals! Congrats on that! As for you project it is beautiful! I love it! You are very talented and am so happy to try to catch up on your blog! I have been very bad about this and am working to change that, among other things! Take Time For Myself! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Happy Creating! Sara (Love Always)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygoodness Aletha she is darling. I am just loving sitting here looking at here and the detailed coloring you have done. I love that you photographed your copic colors. Great idea! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Your card is a favorite of mine!

    Yours,
    Holly R. Moore
    MMDT ~ GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Althea! I love the colors, very eye catching and your coloring is wonderful.

    Sometimes I have to remember to have fun with the design team stuff and blogging and life in general! I hope your new plan works well for you and you can enjoy everything (almost) you'd love to do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Love the old fashioned feel to it. The leaves are just too precious cascading down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!