Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Waiting for You at Sweet Pea Stamps


Happy hump day! It is certainly feeling like fall here in Oklahoma. The past week has been rather dreary with a slow rain and some cool temperatures. The upside is at least we are getting some rain, and our trees have the most amazing color this year. I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at all of our fall foliage. The downside, I like sunshine! When we don't have sunshine, I color.

I would like to introduce you to one of Sweet Pea Stamp’s new artists, Helena Reis. Her designs are so much fun, and most of them look to have a little mischief in the making. Today I am sharing one of my favorite fairies from Ms. Reis Paper Dreams collection, “Waiting on You.” The format that I chose is in digital form, but you can also purchase all of her designs in rubber form.



“Waiting on You” looks a little forlorn, but she is also a very patient fairy. I knew that I wanted a winter theme, but not Christmas. I chose the mauve and green combo with the help of Heartfelt Creations Frosty Blanket designer paper collection. I colored her with Copics, and her wings were accented with Clear Starz Gelli Roll pen.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, R02
Hair: G40, 82, 94
Jump Suit: G40, 82, 85, 94, 99, and
RV91, 93, 95, 99
Wings: RV91, 93, blender
Moon: C0, 1, 2, 3

Stampin’ Up!’s cardstocks used in my art card are Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke. This magical fairy needed something other than the moon to sit on so I die cut a circle from Spellbinder's large classic circle with the burgundy cardstock.  I then die cut the circle again with white cardstock, but added to the center of the circle die one die from of Spellbinder’s Exquisite Circles from the Majestic Elements collection. Before placing that over the burgundy circle I added Viva Décor3-D Silver Stamp Paint.



For further embellishments (she didn’t need too many) I die cut some snowflakes from Spellbinder’s 2013 Snowflake Pendant. I used the silver 3-D paint on them also. For some last minute flourishes I added Cheery Lynn’s Fanciful Flourish in Always Artichoke. After everything was assembled I added some rhinestones to add a little more sparkle.



We have a monthly challenge at One Sweet Challenge. Our theme this month is “It’s a Feast.” We would like to see your creation which focuses on one color, a particular embellishments, or lots of images of the same theme. After you have entered AND you used a Sweet Pea image, hop over to our Sweet Pea Facebook group. Come visit our Facebook page too and stay up to date on all our happenings. Lynette is adding new artists and new digital and rubber stamps every day.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

(Note: I did want to mention that I messed up “Waiting on You” while I was fussy cutting. Although I do a tremendous amount of cutting, this time I think that I was in too much of a hurry. On the right side and between her wings, there is supposed to be the two tips of the moon with a strand of her hair. I do apologize to Helena Reis for not just starting over, but I would have missed by deadline.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!