Monday, September 22, 2014

“Oh My Little Chickadee…”

I hope everyone is having a very creative and productive week. I have been very busy with several Facebook groups and in-between that I was able to complete a project with Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ) stamps and supplies. Truth be told, I started on this last week. I am really enjoying getting back to my rubber stamps roots.


The Christmas spirit has finally grabbed me, so I decided to use the FSJ Christmas Melody set for my next rubber stamp project. There are three large stamps that make perfect images for cards. There are also a “Merry Christmas” sentiment and a gorgeous holly stamp for an extra embellishment. I chose the Chickadee image to begin my card.



Before the creative process started I stamped the chickadee with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic X-press Blending Card. It was then colored with Copics and trimmed with Spellbinder’s Celebration’s Pierced Oval. After the trimming I added FSJ Kiwi Slice True Color Fusion ink around the edges for a little more pop of color.


Copics used:
Chickadee: C0, 1, 3, 5, and clear glitter pen
Branch: E25, 50
Berries: R20, 22, 27, 29, 89
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, 3

I could not locate any designer paper that I liked with my Chickadee (As much DP that I have, I was shocked! LOL) I decided I would make my own. I searched through my ever-growing stencil stash and found just what I was looking for. This stencil is from Joggles.



My finished card was going to be finished size of 5½” square, and I knew that there would be several layers of cardstock under my DP. I trimmed some FSJ Whip Cream cardstock to 5” square and got ready to stencil. For photographing purposes I used a piece of Kiwi Slice cardstock so you could see the cardstock and stencil. I taped the white cardstock, with removable tape, to the green cardstock. The next step was to position the stencil where I wanted the image from the stencil to be.



I am ready to create the designer paper. I used a sponge dauber with FSJ Kiwi Slice True Fusion ink. I always start on the right side because I am left handed, not as messy. This was the point where I started truly appreciating FSJ’s True Fusion inks. They are a hybrid ink so they keep that same pigment intensity as a pigment ink. They are also very quick drying, so no mess.




My embellishments are red ribbon and box (from my stash) and holly corners. My holly corners (see below) were die cut from Spellbinder’s Holly Motifs in FSJ Kiwi Slice cardstock. After embossing, and before I released them from the die, I used FSJ Kiwi Slice True Fusion Ink on the embossed areas. I die cut a total of eight hollies and used two for each corner. From my stash I glued red flat-backed pearls to the center.



For the completion of my card I used 8½”x11” FSJ Kiwi Slice cardstock trimmed to 5½”x11” and folded in half to make my 5½” square card base. Next step was to take my homemade designer paper and layer that with FSJ Kiwi Slice and Candy Apple cardstock. Before attaching this to my base I added my red ribbon and bow. My Chickadee was placed on two FSJ Caddy Apple cardstock oval die cuts and placed above the bow with foam tape. The final pieces were the holly corners. Mission completed!



Before I sign off, I wanted to invite you to my Facebook group, “AJ’s Stampers Journey.” The group is still in the growing stages and I am getting ready to send out catalogs to my members. If you would like a catalog, come join my group, and then send me a PM on Facebook or email me with your mailing information.

With Fun Stampers Journey you have a business opportunity of becoming a Journey Coach. You will have exclusive access to products, product discounts, a very generous compensation plan, and the ability to create and connect with friends and family. I don’t want you to miss this amazing opportunity of becoming one of the earliest coaches within this growing and expanding company, Fun Stampers Journey.  I would be honored to have you on my team. Click http://www.funstampersjourney.com/155 for more information. After you have read all the information and you have questions, please contact me at ajsdesigns@cox.net

"Oh My Little Chickadee" would like to enter the following challenges:
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything Goes, include a handmade bow
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes


This was a rather long post, but I hope you had reading enjoyment, and maybe picked up a few tips. Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

3 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Aletha, what a gorgeous card, beautiful design,love the bird,love the colors, thanks for sharing, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS))).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a festive card and great thinking using that stencil. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!